Ranking

Can anyone explain how they work out who you play in weekend league ?
Every single person I have played has been unreal today and seem to be levels above me. I have managed to win 3/11 so far and normally finish gold 3 sometimes 2 most weeks.
Apart from my 3 wins I have barely had any shots on goal and very little possession.
Can anyone explain or is it random who you play ?

Comments

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 459
    edited November 5

Its random at first, then it goes by how many wins you got etc. So usually if you are at 3 wins in a row you should be getting someone with similar run to you.
    But even after 20+ wins i seemed to get players that feel like silver level or low gold.
    I know that many people are assisted up to higher levels even though they are shuite. But still feel its a bit unfair when you are at high win rate.

Even though WL is less automated than other modes you will still get gameplay going against you of course or with you.

Sometimes you will end up getting a few really good players by chance of people playing at different times and progressing differently. Hence why you could get better players even though you been losing because a good player might just have started playing a few games and also maybe had a early loss or something. I have at times easily gotten 20 wins with max 1-2 losses only and felt the matchup hasnt been equal.

On the other hand the past 2 WL have been weird. I have been hitting the post 100x times. I am not even joking, suddenly the keepers are saving everything and my players arent scoring. I have no explination for this. Its not just when playing against equal opponents or anything. It is in every game i am hitting the post/bar multiple times and crazy saves by their keeper and somehow my players not scoring clear chances.

I have had several matches where i have 20+ shots and the opponent like 3 shots and they scored and i havent. I am not exaggerating and it is not just 1-2 random games. but like 5 in a row i had the same problem. I still managed to get 21 before i ran out of time and had 3-4 games left. So i was still winning most my matches. But where i was dominating and creating clear 10+ chances nothing was going in. Some i had to win on penalties some on extra time when finally someone would score for me.
    I barely give the opposition a chance and they still score by their only shot(s). I am great at defending but it doesnt help when they just take random shot and score whilst i am creating clear chances and cant score.

So there is something fishy going on. As it wasnt this bad before....

Because also before when i used to be getting above 17 wins it started to matchup with close leveled players and after 20 wins it was never someone really bad you came up against.
    But now as i said it seems that even after 20+ wins i seemed to sometimes be paired with a much lower player.

So maybe something with the matchmaking is not working as well this year or the "scripting" gameplay is just changing waaay more than usual.

Markie05Markie05 Posts: 96
    Thanks agree with you. Only managed 11 wins last week which is the worst I’ve ever done. Just couldn’t win game’s at all. The ones I managed to score in were only defeats by a goal but something didn’t seem right about last week at all.
    I agree too. I litterly misses every 1 vs 1 with the goalie and clear finess shot changed just didin’t go in. They hit the post or it went straight into goalies arms, anoying as hell cause that made me lose som matches, for exempel I lost to a Guy that was the 3:rd worst player I came up against this week. I took the leda he turned around it to 1 - 2 by scoring he’s 2 chances and it did not matter that I had a constantly press on him after that and got like 5 chances that should haven been goal every day of the week. Hope it is beter next WL
    Markie05Markie05 Posts: 96
    > @Viggan04addonps4 said:
    > I agree too. I litterly misses every 1 vs 1 with the goalie and clear finess shot changed just didin’t go in. They hit the post or it went straight into goalies arms, anoying as hell cause that made me lose som matches, for exempel I lost to a Guy that was the 3:rd worst player I came up against this week. I took the leda he turned around it to 1 - 2 by scoring he’s 2 chances and it did not matter that I had a constantly press on him after that and got like 5 chances that should haven been goal every day of the week. Hope it is beter next WL

Glad it’s not just me I was playing really well but nothing would go in