Can I really be this unlucky ?

I’m one of those stupid people who occasionally spends real world cash on packs ... ? I know - I’m an idiot. I don’t spend a fortune - but I spend enough. Anyway out of all the packs over the years - I’ve never had a Special card player except for Laxalt in FIFA 18 and the highest by far is a 85 rated Matuadi in 20 on a gold 85 - I rarely if ever crack over an 82 and anyone worth more than 1200 coins. I bought a few rare mega gold packs over the weekend and the best I could get was the aforementioned Frenchman - aside from being stupid for spending real $$$ am I the only one this unlucky !!

Comments

CheddaChedda Posts: 35
    Learn from this and don’t buy anymore packs.
    Same brother shit pisses me off
    The best thing you can do for yourself is to start expecting nothing from these packs.
    Because in reality, if you’re lucky, you will pack 1, 2, maaaybe 3 high rated usable players throughout the whole year. And i’m including all the reds from fut champions. This is at least from
    my experience. Of course when TOTS comes you will have bigger chances of packing something good and you will probably, but at that point it’s the end of the game and it doesn’t really matter that much, except for a few weeks. Buying fifa points in the expectations that you’ll
    pack something good isn’t smart for anyone. In my opinion, playing the lottery is much smarter as the chances of any beneficial outcome are pretty close to packing messi or ronaldo or someone like that, and that way you could earn some money. I’m joking but the reality is not so far from what i said here.
    It’s sad and not fair from EA and in my opinion everybody should stop buying fifa points. That way people are supporting what EA gives to us every year, and nobody will never be happy with the football game we want. All in all do what you want, but at least save yourself from disappointment by lowering your expectations. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself.
    By the way, to answer your question, we are all unlucky and you are not alone. Only the 0,5% pack something good.
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822
    edited December 2019

There are a few things that can help. Not buying fifa points is the first one. Your luck will become better if you dont spend.
    Also SEriously you have not gotten walkouts all these years? Maybe you are just not opening a lot or you are forgetting?

Opening more packs in a row increases chances of you packing something decent. At least of some value to sell. Opening at down times when its less activity(night time for europeans). My routine is often to get all the reward packs on thursday save them, do the marquee matchup sbc's getting rid of the untradeables and doing cheaply. Then at some point at night open all the packs at once.

All my big drops have been night time. Usually it takes about 3 months or so of consistently opening packs from the weekly rewards of futchamps and div rivals and occasional squad battles.
    This year a couple of weeks ago i got Neymar ucl who sold for 1.3mil at the time. Compared to last year about the same time i got Blanc prime who sold for 1.7 or so. Then 2-3 months passed and i got Hernandez moments. It was like that all year which was great for me of course.(This is funny but i packed neymar buying one of those electrum players pack thing that goes for 15k, I was opening some bronze packs for league sbc's that i was gonna do. I then went to open 1-2 silver packs as i often find profit from them with league sbc players. But then i said lets open a gold pack as well but there was this electrum pack and i just opened it and got Neymar. This was using the app at night at work. Great surprise) Also i did not use points i bought the packs using coins. I dont say you should do this but every now and then i do this when i have coinage to spare. It just happens that sometimes you get lucky.

This year the big drops i have gotten are neymar as mentioned. But 2 i got from untradeable packs from season objectives. Ramos and Griezmann. My red picks have been horrendeous and only once got a high rated one which was Navas.
    The only red that i wanted and currently use as sub is Kostic 84. I havent even gotten the useable 82 rated and such that i wanted.

Also i should mention that i will often be opening gold1/elite3 plus div rivals rank 2 rewards(tradeable packs).
    So in general i am opening 2-3 jumbo rare players pack with 1-2 rare players pack and a couple of the rare mixed ones and such.
    So getting a walkout from the rare player packs every now and then is high. Yes it doesnt need to be the most expensive and might just be 20k worth. But you should be making decent coins selling the players you get.
    So in general i usually say if i get gold 1 then i get 50k at least from the packs selling the players and maybe 30k+ if the div rivals packs are decent. So every week i make at least 100k.

Overall the luck is shite but every now and then you get a BIG drop. But also a few walkouts and sellable players are packed consistently opening reward packs so you can make decent coins over a couple of weeks.

So how many packs have you opened and what types? Because getting just 1 over 82 rated which is Matuidi is not realistic and does not make sense. I am really curious as to how many packs you have opened and such. Do you get very low rewards every week or what? Like premium gold packs only?
    Getting the bigger rare packs will end up always giving you something.

I am really curious because either you are completely forgetting players you packed that you sold for an alrite amount of coins or you are opening very low reward packs and not very often.
    Yes you can be unlucky which most are. But some expect too much as well and forget about the decent players they pack that at least gets them coins and lets them build profit until they can buy a top end player they want.

The chance of you being this unlucky is the same as packing prime moments Gullit or something. If you are opening decent reward packs every week.

@Akfootie7 said:
    I’m one of those stupid people who occasionally spends real world cash on packs ... ? I know - I’m an idiot. I don’t spend a fortune - but I spend enough. Anyway out of all the packs over the years - I’ve never had a Special card player except for Laxalt in FIFA 18 and the highest by far is a 85 rated Matuadi in 20 on a gold 85 - I rarely if ever crack over an 82 and anyone worth more than 1200 coins. I bought a few rare mega gold packs over the weekend and the best I could get was the aforementioned Frenchman - aside from being stupid for spending real $$$ am I the only one this unlucky !!

WullWull Posts: 3
    I agree with Ihatetay ! I’m not joking now , I’m getting decent cards at night opening as well! And this I ridiculous and all of you can thin what you want but I have no reason to lie! Last night I did Gbamin futmas card and took the rewards, 3 times in a row at 02 I got blue cards, Henderson 84 then Fabinho 86, then salah 91! I thought all my unlucky pack opening so far was equal with this! I do season objectives and I got ter Stegen CL Card 90 rated! But that’s the best cards, I got occasionally 85 like Gomez, matuidi etc, just take the packs as a gift of pure luck! Save money and spend on sbc or something else
    For the first fifa in my life, I've had decent pulls. Auba, TOTGS ter stegan and TOTGS sterling. They were all squad battle reqards
    TomdrapezTomdrapez Posts: 1
    The game is full of challenges and very cheap sbcs to get some really decent card, I spent £40 on pack when the game come out and that's it, I play all games ie fut champs, rivals and squad battles and get alot of pack throughout the week, always take untradable items as seen to get better pack luck with them and any unused players like I said use for sbcs for those better players
    Hope this helps