POTM Alexander Arnold worth it?

MatiiproeloMatiiproelo Posts: 1
Is he worth of doing the SBC? Have Salah and Walker but Walker is on 8 chem
With Shadow will be good?

Comments

Personally yes, I think he will be. With shadow he's a 93 rated RB, and he's almost certain to get a winter ungraded to his gold card which might result in his POTM getting a boost as well. He's lacking a bit of strength, but I think his speed and agility will make up for that.

Also, he's versatile and could make an effective CDM or B2B CM if you change his position in game.
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822

@BattleBadger92 said:
    Personally yes, I think he will be. With shadow he's a 93 rated RB, and he's almost certain to get a winter ungraded to his gold card which might result in his POTM getting a boost as well. He's lacking a bit of strength, but I think his speed and agility will make up for that.

Also, he's versatile and could make an effective CDM or B2B CM if you change his position in game.

That doesnt help tbh.

I have used his IF and he was just not that good.

If you have done the POTM can you please let us know how he actually plays in game? I am considering getting him with Schär as i got Luiz FB.
    I do have Mbabu but i also need an english link to Phillips eventually.

I have done it now, though I haven't come to a definitive conclusion yet. I've played 15 or so games with him, but I've also been experimenting with some new tactics across all those games so haven't been too focused on how trent has been playing.

That being said, my initial take is that he pretty much plays as his stats would suggest: very quick, passes like a high-end CM, decent in the tackle but...the lack of strength seems pretty noticeable. I think I'll try him out with anchor next to see how that works out.

In short, yes it's a good card, no I wouldn't pay ~£240k for him on the market, but nor do I regret doing him as I only used untradables and he's pretty nice to play with.
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822

@BattleBadger92 said:
    I have done it now, though I haven't come to a definitive conclusion yet. I've played 15 or so games with him, but I've also been experimenting with some new tactics across all those games so haven't been too focused on how trent has been playing.

That being said, my initial take is that he pretty much plays as his stats would suggest: very quick, passes like a high-end CM, decent in the tackle but...the lack of strength seems pretty noticeable. I think I'll try him out with anchor next to see how that works out.

In short, yes it's a good card, no I wouldn't pay ~£240k for him on the market, but nor do I regret doing him as I only used untradables and he's pretty nice to play with.

Thanks for that. Seems like i should keep the coins then. I dont have many untradeables and i would rather save them for a more certain SBC. So not worth doing for full price then.
    Better to save up and just get Zanetti 88 who is just 300k more or just wait and hope we get more fullbacks in promo's.