ICON CDM NEED HELP

InsidiousInsidious Posts: 348
edited January 15 in General FIFA Discussion
So after 100 Premier league packs and 0 toty I opened 1 la liga and go toty de Jong. However with the attached team below I can't make him play on 10 chemistry. So I have these options:
1. Sell middle makelele and get prime rijkard
2. Sell middle makelele and get his prime or baby essien and screw de Jong's chemistry (8 or 10 is probably the same I suppose)
3. Sell middle makelele and van dijk in order to acquire prime Koeman and use him as Cdm and middle Desailly at cb.

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/10612071

@ihatetay you're my guy :p

Comments

Up
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 796
    edited February 27

@Insidious said:

Initially I used engine on Keane and I agree it is the best option. However, in some cases I wasn't able to track down attackers which was annoying so I switched on shadow. When I'm losing I'm going all out attack and I need fast cdms for opposing counter attacks. I guess sluggish gameplay differs to players. I've never had a game with 5 bar connection and imagine I'm pressing the standing tackle button 3 times in a row to work. I'm thinking to go with makelele as he got +3 to defense and physical. Also high agility and balance are crucial and they're extremely high. Anchor seems to be the best option to increase strength and aggression. What's your opinion on Essien? I've heard great things about his prime with engine.

Cant play with low connection and delay? YOU SUCK!
    Haha nah just messing, dont know how console players keep getting fifa on consoles when the consoles cant handle the rubbish game engine. At least on PC we get smooth gameplay and we only have to deal with the scripting. You guys have lag/delay + scripting!

I havent really tested Essien from maybe some draft which i dont even remember.

The thing with Essien is that he is very similar however 3 stats which i would say are very important in this FIFA. AGGRESSION, Reactions and vision. Those 3 stats Keane is best at but Makelele a close 2nd as Makelele moments gets boost in both reactions and finally gets the 90+ aggression as i have always felt him being not aggressive enough.

So i think you should just get Makelele moments as Essien is overhyped and overpriced atm. He is great no doubt but the difference in reactions alone has such a big affect that it is not worth paying so much more for less in that + vision.

There are some players that even with low aggression play very aggressivley. In general though 90+ is gonna be the best combined with 90+ reactions.

Also i feel 80+ vision players do much better with passing and is in many cases worth getting those who have slightly higher vision.

Also if you get moments Makelele i still suggest engine chem on him. As balance and strength are linked +5 strength wont make a big difference and all other stats he has 90's in physical and defending stats. So you arent making him any better. With engine however you will make his dribbling much sweeter and even more nimble.
    Also gives more passing stats which is great.
    I would say giving him a chemstyle with passing boost will be most helpful to making his passing more effecient and consistent.

Basic is pretty good as well if you still want to have him +5 strength.

but 87 strength with 99 balance is insane. So engine makes the most sense as you like more agile and nimble players anyways.
    Anchor is just a waste imo as heading accuracy doesnt matter this year and there is no real gain on other stats as they are already super high. Jumping is not needed either as he has high enough jumping for when he needs to jump.
    And he will mostly be against Messi and short attacking players anyways. He will easily outmuscle them anyways.

> @ihatetay said:
    > @Insidious said:
    > So once again need your help guys regarding the cdm position. I was using prime makelele but after prime icon moments came in the game I wanted something new. With that been said I bought Prime icon moments Keane who is absolutely unreal. Very good passing and defending but unfortunately in those sluggish games his pace and low balance/agility aren't enough. So I'm thinking to sell him and try new icons just for the fun factor. At the moment I'm between Prime Petit, Prime essien and prime icon moments Makelele. Have you guys used any of them? Help your addicted fella xD @ihatetay
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am curious what chemstyle you had on Keane? Because even in sluggish gameplay i have never experienced him to get worse. Usually the only one who keeps going. I have always had engine on his prime. If you didnt have engine maybe try that? Its usually the best chemstyle for defensive players. Because on the ball if a player has high reactions, ball control and dribbling it has an effect as well on how nibble and such they feel. Diego Costa FB is insane in dribbling for an example. He is only slow in 180degree turns, but if you are doing that then you are the problem and not the stats on a card. He takes close quick touches and then has the strength and good speed to barge through anything with high composure and finishing you got a broken card.
    >
    > Prime moments wont be that different. Keane prime is equally insane as his moments i can guarentee that because stats are similar. Of course If you do back to back test you will feel a slight difference in speed and such but overall its still very similar cards.
    > The same goes for most moments cards. They arent much different from their prime versions.
    >
    > However some have more changes for an example Ian Rush and Ruud have increased WF so that will of course make a bigger difference than +1-2 on stats. Generally the most noticable difference for the ones with slightly lower pace and such is just that. You will probably just feel the prime moments being very slightly faster or swifter.
    > Of course in some cases there will be stats changes like someone might get from 87 long shots to 90 and in game you would see him being slightly better at long shots. Usually i say getting into the next number is noticable. So going from even high 80's into just 90 or 91 and you can feel a difference in most cases.
    >
    > I havent played with any moments so far. But i know i will get Moore, Keane, Scholes eventually and depending on pricing on Ruud and/or Rush maybe one of them as well. Also depends on pack luck etc of course. If i pack Gullit then i can try many more hehe
    >
    > But in general just think like this. Take a prime icon and put +3 all attributes on that card. That is the max difference it will be. For some it wont even be that big of a difference.

Initially I used engine on Keane and I agree it is the best option. However, in some cases I wasn't able to track down attackers which was annoying so I switched on shadow. When I'm losing I'm going all out attack and I need fast cdms for opposing counter attacks. I guess sluggish gameplay differs to players. I've never had a game with 5 bar connection and imagine I'm pressing the standing tackle button 3 times in a row to work. I'm thinking to go with makelele as he got +3 to defense and physical. Also high agility and balance are crucial and they're extremely high. Anchor seems to be the best option to increase strength and aggression. What's your opinion on Essien? I've heard great things about his prime with engine.

@Insidious said:
    So once again need your help guys regarding the cdm position. I was using prime makelele but after prime icon moments came in the game I wanted something new. With that been said I bought Prime icon moments Keane who is absolutely unreal. Very good passing and defending but unfortunately in those sluggish games his pace and low balance/agility aren't enough. So I'm thinking to sell him and try new icons just for the fun factor. At the moment I'm between Prime Petit, Prime essien and prime icon moments Makelele. Have you guys used any of them? Help your addicted fella xD @ihatetay

I am curious what chemstyle you had on Keane? Because even in sluggish gameplay i have never experienced him to get worse. Usually the only one who keeps going. I have always had engine on his prime. If you didnt have engine maybe try that? Its usually the best chemstyle for defensive players. Because on the ball if a player has high reactions, ball control and dribbling it has an effect as well on how nibble and such they feel. Diego Costa FB is insane in dribbling for an example. He is only slow in 180degree turns, but if you are doing that then you are the problem and not the stats on a card. He takes close quick touches and then has the strength and good speed to barge through anything with high composure and finishing you got a broken card.

Prime moments wont be that different. Keane prime is equally insane as his moments i can guarentee that because stats are similar. Of course If you do back to back test you will feel a slight difference in speed and such but overall its still very similar cards.
    The same goes for most moments cards. They arent much different from their prime versions.

However some have more changes for an example Ian Rush and Ruud have increased WF so that will of course make a bigger difference than +1-2 on stats. Generally the most noticable difference for the ones with slightly lower pace and such is just that. You will probably just feel the prime moments being very slightly faster or swifter.
    Of course in some cases there will be stats changes like someone might get from 87 long shots to 90 and in game you would see him being slightly better at long shots. Usually i say getting into the next number is noticable. So going from even high 80's into just 90 or 91 and you can feel a difference in most cases.

I havent played with any moments so far. But i know i will get Moore, Keane, Scholes eventually and depending on pricing on Ruud and/or Rush maybe one of them as well. Also depends on pack luck etc of course. If i pack Gullit then i can try many more hehe

But in general just think like this. Take a prime icon and put +3 all attributes on that card. That is the max difference it will be. For some it wont even be that big of a difference.

So once again need your help guys regarding the cdm position. I was using prime makelele but after prime icon moments came in the game I wanted something new. With that been said I bought Prime icon moments Keane who is absolutely unreal. Very good passing and defending but unfortunately in those sluggish games his pace and low balance/agility aren't enough. So I'm thinking to sell him and try new icons just for the fun factor. At the moment I'm between Prime Petit, Prime essien and prime icon moments Makelele. Have you guys used any of them? Help your addicted fella xD @ihatetay

@Insidious said:

I'll give a chance to Keane until rewards because I don't have the coins for prime Makelele yet. Since I packed de Jong I had to sell Kante and my midfield isn't the same as before and that's why I'm a bit obsessed with makelele:p

Btw I'll play him as cdm with stay back
    applied on him along de Jong so you're sure about engine?

Yes engine makes him equal to Makelele when it comes to dribbling just slightly less agility feel in game but for CDM that matter less as you are not dribbling like mad with the ball. And when it comes to reactions Keane reacts much faster than Makelele especially since Keane has higher aggression.

Makelele is a great player and once you get used to one player its hard to change of course. The only problem i get with Makelele is that he isnt as aggressive with his interceptions and marking also lacks that great vision in his passing i think curve is what makes his passing much less effective. With Keane either feet the passing is great.

Things that they have also patches so players with higher balance, ball control, reactions, dribbling will do better. So as you increase all those stats with engine has a bigger effect now than before.

I can take Costa as example, he has 90+ reactions, dribbling, ball control, composure. But only 59 balance and 65 agility. In game he can still dribble fantasticly. Yes he cant turn 180 degrees super fast but thats your fault if you need to do such things that often.
    With that ball control etc He takes quicker touches and smaller touches keeping the ball close to himself. With engine you get 70 agility and 69 balance with 99 on everything else. Now with that strength he cant be put off the ball and with that ball control he keeps hold onto the ball easy. Has good enough speed so you can run and just let the defenders bounce off.
    Has high composure and great finishing. He is lethal!

So its not all just agility and often engine cures so much because +agility +speed has great effect and +10 balance helps a lot as they dont get put off as much so they can keep going and react faster etc.

But yeh get Keane prime for now. If you still think you need more agile CDM then get Makelele prime when you got coins.

edited January 27
    > @ihatetay said:
    > @Insidious said:
    >
    > Went with Rijkard and I'm not pleased at all with him. Now I want to go back to makelele but his prime this time but before that I'd like to try prime Keane or Guardiola. I tried Keane last year but I didn't really liked him. What do you think about Guardiola? His stats are insane.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I told you Rijkaard is not good xD but yeh trying out players is always good as you gain experience anyways. He can function as a CB but not in midfield.
    >
    > I dont like Guardiola as a player. I will never use his icon card. He was an average player and does NOT deserve an icon card. He is a great manager but that does not mean he deserves a PLAYER icon card.
    >
    > Luckily from what i have seen he is as rubbish as he was in real life. Coming up against him he has never made an impact. I have had players like Inzaghi have bigger impact vs me than Pep.
    >
    > I dont hate the guy. So if he was OP i wouldnt say he was rubbish. He just doesnt seem to be something special in game.
    >
    > With Keane i dont know if you tried him with engine chem or not. That is needed to make him that bit better at dribbling making him more swift. You use him as a deep playmaker and relentless ball winner.
    >
    > I dont think shadow makes him that good. I think its engine that makes him very pleasing to use in game. Of course he is not a dribbler and you are not using him going forward. You use him to take 1-2 touches and make a brilliant pass. He has amazing passing and you need to learn to abuse that. R2/L2-LT/RT for those quicker smaller touches and R1/L1-LB/RB as well. You need to learn to use that on lesser dribbling players.
    >
    > With Keane he will be great at intercepting and winning duels etc. He has been making many many assists for me and is essential to play quick passing game as he can get the ball out of defensive areas much better than Vieira who people think is meta but has worse dribbling than Keane in game and passing. So if you can use them properly you will see how fantastic they are. Vieira is also much better with engine chem. Having both Keane and Vieira i tried last year and they dominated midfield so good xD
    >
    > You can even put Scholes as CDM. He will be better going forward. If you feel he needs a bit of speed and dribbling then engine again will help. However as CDM i have played against him when using shadow and he is insane. Because he has high reactions, balance, ball control and short he is still pretty decent at dribbling.
    > But Scholes is an odd fellow because even though he does not have the highest defensive stats he is INSANE in defence. He intercepts soooo much and wins nearly every duel! Even vs Gullit he won about 7/10 duels it was insane.
    > And him making such amazing forward runs with that shooting you can abuse long shots and of course abuse the passing.
    >
    > Just saying that there are others "non cdm" that can be used as CDM.
    >
    > Same way as recently i have been trying Nedved as CM. Stoichkov as CM is amazing for an example. Of course he is paired with a more defensive CM with Keane and a balanced CM.
    >
    > But you can play some aggressive attacking players as CM and they are fantastic. Just a tip about trying out a bit of different as i have been experimenting with that lately and found it works really good. In draft i played Overmars as CM and omfg he was such a hassle for the opponents. Even thinking of buying him and trying him as CM.

I'll give a chance to Keane until rewards because I don't have the coins for prime Makelele yet. Since I packed de Jong I had to sell Kante and my midfield isn't the same as before and that's why I'm a bit obsessed with makelele:p

Btw I'll play him as cdm with stay back
    applied on him along de Jong so you're sure about engine?
    edited January 27

@Insidious said:

Went with Rijkard and I'm not pleased at all with him. Now I want to go back to makelele but his prime this time but before that I'd like to try prime Keane or Guardiola. I tried Keane last year but I didn't really liked him. What do you think about Guardiola? His stats are insane.

I told you Rijkaard is not good xD but yeh trying out players is always good as you gain experience anyways. He can function as a CB but not in midfield.

I dont like Guardiola as a player. I will never use his icon card. He was an average player and does NOT deserve an icon card. He is a great manager but that does not mean he deserves a PLAYER icon card.

Luckily from what i have seen he is as rubbish as he was in real life. Coming up against him he has never made an impact. I have had players like Inzaghi have bigger impact vs me than Pep.

I dont hate the guy. So if he was OP i wouldnt say he was rubbish. He just doesnt seem to be something special in game.

With Keane i dont know if you tried him with engine chem or not. That is needed to make him that bit better at dribbling making him more swift. You use him as a deep playmaker and relentless ball winner.

I dont think shadow makes him that good. I think its engine that makes him very pleasing to use in game. Of course he is not a dribbler and you are not using him going forward. You use him to take 1-2 touches and make a brilliant pass. He has amazing passing and you need to learn to abuse that. R2/L2-LT/RT for those quicker smaller touches and R1/L1-LB/RB as well. You need to learn to use that on lesser dribbling players.

With Keane he will be great at intercepting and winning duels etc. He has been making many many assists for me and is essential to play quick passing game as he can get the ball out of defensive areas much better than Vieira who people think is meta but has worse dribbling than Keane in game and passing. So if you can use them properly you will see how fantastic they are. Vieira is also much better with engine chem. Having both Keane and Vieira i tried last year and they dominated midfield so good xD

You can even put Scholes as CDM. He will be better going forward. If you feel he needs a bit of speed and dribbling then engine again will help. However as CDM i have played against him when using shadow and he is insane. Because he has high reactions, balance, ball control and short he is still pretty decent at dribbling.
    But Scholes is an odd fellow because even though he does not have the highest defensive stats he is INSANE in defence. He intercepts soooo much and wins nearly every duel! Even vs Gullit he won about 7/10 duels it was insane.
    And him making such amazing forward runs with that shooting you can abuse long shots and of course abuse the passing.

Just saying that there are others "non cdm" that can be used as CDM.

Same way as recently i have been trying Nedved as CM. Stoichkov as CM is amazing for an example. Of course he is paired with a more defensive CM with Keane and a balanced CM.

But you can play some aggressive attacking players as CM and they are fantastic. Just a tip about trying out a bit of different as i have been experimenting with that lately and found it works really good. In draft i played Overmars as CM and omfg he was such a hassle for the opponents. Even thinking of buying him and trying him as CM.

> @ihatetay said:
    > Congrats on the TOTY pull. I got 83 Iniesta as my best pull during TOTY :disappointed:
    > I forgot to add that you have to get rid of Semedo. I am 100% sure he has cost you many goals/games cause of mistakes.
    > I have such an easy time getting past him everytime i come up against someone who has him. Especially his passing is so bad its so easy to win the ball back.
    >
    > I know many will argue because all they see is his ability to quickly get back onto the attacker after losing the ball and they think he is great but forget the mistakes he is making.
    > Even his dribbling isnt that great.
    >
    > For your team however you dont have that many options for great RBs atm. Players like Piszceck, Aguirregaray from saudi sbc are top. Aguir is the best RB non icon atm. We havent had enough special full backs atm. Telles is the best on the left side.
    >
    > But i would say you might want to switch out Semedo in future. Try Carvajal, Walker etc If you havent. Otherwise save up to get an icon RB maybe or when a special that fits your team comes.
    >
    > Im gonna be honest, Rijkaard is not that great. He is good of course as many icons are. But is not a GREAT icon.
    >
    > I can say 2 things about Essien. His prime is great. His middle and baby are not worth it, good cards but Keane is the best out of the under 1 mil CDM cheapish icons. The middle and baby Essien are lacking in some areas and doesnt have the same presence. Great on his own but i am comparing these players back to back and with other icons as thats how i test them.
    > An icon on its own in a team will be great so you have to test different icons at the same time or/and back to back with plenty games so you can test out every aspect in comparison to the others.
    >
    > 3 is by far the best option. Makelele prime will be great as he always has BUT you get so much more out of other icon CDM's.
    >
    > You can get Koeman middle is a beast. I am saving for his prime because i think it could be better. So i think if you can you should go for that and put Desailly as CDM in game.(engine on desailly pls.)
    > I was thinking of doing that but with middle Koeman and Desailly middle but i ended up getting Ian Rush prime and Moore prime. Moore is just the best intercepting player and i cant say it enough that people really need to play with him even as CDM he is a monster. He is so quick in acceleration with shadow as well. Even his baby is crazy.
    >
    > yes 7-8 chem is fine on top rated players. You might just need to just some other chemstyle that gives better boost with lower chem.
    >
    > But as i have felt with Makelele this year is that he is great but doesnt have the same presence as the more complete and aggressive players like Keane etc.
    >
    > So i would say get Koemann prime and Desailly middle and switch in game. You can also get Matthäus baby to do the same. Matthäus has more acceleration and dribbling if you need that.
    > However you seem to be able to play with Makelele middle and Keane with engine is about the same in dribbling as prime Makelele i think you can handle someone like Koemann with engine or shadow. As you get better shooting.
    >
    > However Keane is one of the best passers in the game, Matthäus as well.
    >
    > Koemann has good passing but not the same as Keane, Scholes, Matthäus. Those types you get the point. Moore i felt had better passing than Koemann. But that was his middle, prime might be the same level as others. He will still be better at passing than Makelele though so its still good. Just giving you an idea in case you might want a bit more attacking player with Matthäus. But i think you will be good with a more defensive minded CM/CDM as your attacking players cant defend xD
    >
    > AS i play super passing football, (NO NOT passing at the back for 90 mins) hence why i always mention passing differences even though for many it might not have the same difference. Quick build up by passing long and short. Even my GK needs to be good at passing xD
    >
    > So thats my tips. Basically with the likes of Essien you are not improving much. But with Koemann and Desailly you are getting next level icons.

Went with Rijkard and I'm not pleased at all with him. Now I want to go back to makelele but his prime this time but before that I'd like to try prime Keane or Guardiola. I tried Keane last year but I didn't really liked him. What do you think about Guardiola? His stats are insane.

@Insidious said:

I've used carvajal in the beginning and he was quite good. I don't know if he'd be the same at this stage of the game. On the oter hand, there is IF Capa. Similar to semedo stats wise but stronger. What do you reckon?

Don't know about IF Capa, but Carvajal has been one of the best RB i've tried this year. I like the fact that he is very good at dribbling and that his passing is also quite good which is why he never caused me any problems when i was transitioning into the attack. His pace and defending with shadow chem style will still do the job for you and the physicality with the high aggression is just right. Capa seems to lack defensive stats compared to Carvajal, but the high physicality could make up for that. The passing is also a bit worse compared to Carvajal which could cause you problems at times.

> @ihatetay said:
    > @Insidious said:
    >
    > Indeed I'm really tempted to try that option. I was considering mattheus as well but on the other hand I'm worried that I'd feel kinda vulnerable without Van dijk. However I'm pretty sure that Desailly and David Luiz can get the job done.
    >
    >
    > As for Semedo I totally agree that he's passing really does suck but defensively he's been ok for me. He's not solid rock but decent.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes you can manage with Semedo for sure. But you have those top end players so there is sort of the only thing you can improve. I know there are not too many special fullbacks atm.
    >
    > But have you thought about getting Zambrotta from swaps? As you need links. Because you could get Aguirregaray saudi league SBC who is top end fullback. But if you dont have icon links then its not really worth it for that money. I use FB's fully, as i play 5-3-2 they need to be able to go forward as well. But Aguir is a complete monster. He is awesome in defence and with engine is good enough going forward now.
    > Links is a problem though but otherwise he is the best out there as i have tried all except Trent toty and potm.
    >
    > I do think Carvajal is the best choice for la liga RB atm. Unfortunatley there isnt even a top end LB that you could put on 7 chem on right side. Alba will be great going forward but in defence doesnt add much more than Semedo. So you could wait a bit longer with Semedo if you dont like Carvajal.
    >
    > Lets hope we get more special fullbacks in future promos. We have had a few special LB's but only Piszceck, Mbabu and Aguirre on RB. And they hard to link whilst LB's have been french, brazilian or more used leagues.

I've used carvajal in the beginning and he was quite good. I don't know if he'd be the same at this stage of the game. On the oter hand, there is IF Capa. Similar to semedo stats wise but stronger. What do you reckon?
    @ihatetay
    I have to agree, Semedo is quite shit. I’m forced to use him at the moment because he was the only one that links with Bernardo Silva on the RM and Diego Carlos on CB. Thought he was going to perform better but found out that everyone is/was using him because of the perfect link with Dembele. At the start of the game he was among the best but at this stage i feel he can mess up very bad.
    edited January 17

@Insidious said:

Indeed I'm really tempted to try that option. I was considering mattheus as well but on the other hand I'm worried that I'd feel kinda vulnerable without Van dijk. However I'm pretty sure that Desailly and David Luiz can get the job done.

As for Semedo I totally agree that he's passing really does suck but defensively he's been ok for me. He's not solid rock but decent.

Yes you can manage with Semedo for sure. But you have those top end players so there is sort of the only thing you can improve. I know there are not too many special fullbacks atm.

But have you thought about getting Zambrotta from swaps? As you need links. Because you could get Aguirregaray saudi league SBC who is top end fullback. But if you dont have icon links then its not really worth it for that money. I use FB's fully, as i play 5-3-2 they need to be able to go forward as well. But Aguir is a complete monster. He is awesome in defence and with engine is good enough going forward now.
    Links is a problem though but otherwise he is the best out there as i have tried all except Trent toty and potm.

I do think Carvajal is the best choice for la liga RB atm. Unfortunatley there isnt even a top end LB that you could put on 7 chem on right side. Alba will be great going forward but in defence doesnt add much more than Semedo. So you could wait a bit longer with Semedo if you dont like Carvajal.

Lets hope we get more special fullbacks in future promos. We have had a few special LB's but only Piszceck, Mbabu and Aguirre on RB. And they hard to link whilst LB's have been french, brazilian or more used leagues.

> @ihatetay said:
    > Congrats on the TOTY pull. I got 83 Iniesta as my best pull during TOTY :disappointed:
    > I forgot to add that you have to get rid of Semedo. I am 100% sure he has cost you many goals/games cause of mistakes.
    > I have such an easy time getting past him everytime i come up against someone who has him. Especially his passing is so bad its so easy to win the ball back.
    >
    > I know many will argue because all they see is his ability to quickly get back onto the attacker after losing the ball and they think he is great but forget the mistakes he is making.
    > Even his dribbling isnt that great.
    >
    > For your team however you dont have that many options for great RBs atm. Players like Piszceck, Aguirregaray from saudi sbc are top. Aguir is the best RB non icon atm. We havent had enough special full backs atm. Telles is the best on the left side.
    >
    > But i would say you might want to switch out Semedo in future. Try Carvajal, Walker etc If you havent. Otherwise save up to get an icon RB maybe or when a special that fits your team comes.
    >
    > Im gonna be honest, Rijkaard is not that great. He is good of course as many icons are. But is not a GREAT icon.
    >
    > I can say 2 things about Essien. His prime is great. His middle and baby are not worth it, good cards but Keane is the best out of the under 1 mil CDM cheapish icons. The middle and baby Essien are lacking in some areas and doesnt have the same presence. Great on his own but i am comparing these players back to back and with other icons as thats how i test them.
    > An icon on its own in a team will be great so you have to test different icons at the same time or/and back to back with plenty games so you can test out every aspect in comparison to the others.
    >
    > 3 is by far the best option. Makelele prime will be great as he always has BUT you get so much more out of other icon CDM's.
    >
    > You can get Koeman middle is a beast. I am saving for his prime because i think it could be better. So i think if you can you should go for that and put Desailly as CDM in game.(engine on desailly pls.)
    > I was thinking of doing that but with middle Koeman and Desailly middle but i ended up getting Ian Rush prime and Moore prime. Moore is just the best intercepting player and i cant say it enough that people really need to play with him even as CDM he is a monster. He is so quick in acceleration with shadow as well. Even his baby is crazy.
    >
    > yes 7-8 chem is fine on top rated players. You might just need to just some other chemstyle that gives better boost with lower chem.
    >
    > But as i have felt with Makelele this year is that he is great but doesnt have the same presence as the more complete and aggressive players like Keane etc.
    >
    > So i would say get Koemann prime and Desailly middle and switch in game. You can also get Matthäus baby to do the same. Matthäus has more acceleration and dribbling if you need that.
    > However you seem to be able to play with Makelele middle and Keane with engine is about the same in dribbling as prime Makelele i think you can handle someone like Koemann with engine or shadow. As you get better shooting.
    >
    > However Keane is one of the best passers in the game, Matthäus as well.
    >
    > Koemann has good passing but not the same as Keane, Scholes, Matthäus. Those types you get the point. Moore i felt had better passing than Koemann. But that was his middle, prime might be the same level as others. He will still be better at passing than Makelele though so its still good. Just giving you an idea in case you might want a bit more attacking player with Matthäus. But i think you will be good with a more defensive minded CM/CDM as your attacking players cant defend xD
    >
    > AS i play super passing football, (NO NOT passing at the back for 90 mins) hence why i always mention passing differences even though for many it might not have the same difference. Quick build up by passing long and short. Even my GK needs to be good at passing xD
    >
    > So thats my tips. Basically with the likes of Essien you are not improving much. But with Koemann and Desailly you are getting next level icons.

Indeed I'm really tempted to try that option. I was considering mattheus as well but on the other hand I'm worried that I'd feel kinda vulnerable without Van dijk. However I'm pretty sure that Desailly and David Luiz can get the job done.

As for Semedo I totally agree that he's passing really does suck but defensively he's been ok for me. He's not solid rock but decent.
    edited January 16

Congrats on the TOTY pull. I got 83 Iniesta as my best pull during TOTY :disappointed:
    I forgot to add that you have to get rid of Semedo. I am 100% sure he has cost you many goals/games cause of mistakes.
    I have such an easy time getting past him everytime i come up against someone who has him. Especially his passing is so bad its so easy to win the ball back.

I know many will argue because all they see is his ability to quickly get back onto the attacker after losing the ball and they think he is great but forget the mistakes he is making.
    Even his dribbling isnt that great.

For your team however you dont have that many options for great RBs atm. Players like Piszceck, Aguirregaray from saudi sbc are top. Aguir is the best RB non icon atm. We havent had enough special full backs atm. Telles is the best on the left side.

But i would say you might want to switch out Semedo in future. Try Carvajal, Walker etc If you havent. Otherwise save up to get an icon RB maybe or when a special that fits your team comes.

Im gonna be honest, Rijkaard is not that great. He is good of course as many icons are. But is not a GREAT icon.

I can say 2 things about Essien. His prime is great. His middle and baby are not worth it, good cards but Keane is the best out of the under 1 mil CDM cheapish icons. The middle and baby Essien are lacking in some areas and doesnt have the same presence. Great on his own but i am comparing these players back to back and with other icons as thats how i test them.
    An icon on its own in a team will be great so you have to test different icons at the same time or/and back to back with plenty games so you can test out every aspect in comparison to the others.

3 is by far the best option. Makelele prime will be great as he always has BUT you get so much more out of other icon CDM's.

You can get Koeman middle is a beast. I am saving for his prime because i think it could be better. So i think if you can you should go for that and put Desailly as CDM in game.(engine on desailly pls.)
    I was thinking of doing that but with middle Koeman and Desailly middle but i ended up getting Ian Rush prime and Moore prime. Moore is just the best intercepting player and i cant say it enough that people really need to play with him even as CDM he is a monster. He is so quick in acceleration with shadow as well. Even his baby is crazy.

yes 7-8 chem is fine on top rated players. You might just need to just some other chemstyle that gives better boost with lower chem.

But as i have felt with Makelele this year is that he is great but doesnt have the same presence as the more complete and aggressive players like Keane etc.

So i would say get Koemann prime and Desailly middle and switch in game. You can also get Matthäus baby to do the same. Matthäus has more acceleration and dribbling if you need that.
    However you seem to be able to play with Makelele middle and Keane with engine is about the same in dribbling as prime Makelele i think you can handle someone like Koemann with engine or shadow. As you get better shooting.

However Keane is one of the best passers in the game, Matthäus as well.

Koemann has good passing but not the same as Keane, Scholes, Matthäus. Those types you get the point. Moore i felt had better passing than Koemann. But that was his middle, prime might be the same level as others. He will still be better at passing than Makelele though so its still good. Just giving you an idea in case you might want a bit more attacking player with Matthäus. But i think you will be good with a more defensive minded CM/CDM as your attacking players cant defend xD

AS i play super passing football, (NO NOT passing at the back for 90 mins) hence why i always mention passing differences even though for many it might not have the same difference. Quick build up by passing long and short. Even my GK needs to be good at passing xD

So thats my tips. Basically with the likes of Essien you are not improving much. But with Koemann and Desailly you are getting next level icons.

> @cresyfootball7 said:
    > Sell van dijk get middle rijkard???

Nah such a downgrade
    Sell van dijk get middle rijkard???
    > @ihatetay said:
    > @Insidious said:
    >
    >
    > Initially I used engine on Keane and I agree it is the best option. However, in some cases I wasn't able to track down attackers which was annoying so I switched on shadow. When I'm losing I'm going all out attack and I need fast cdms for opposing counter attacks. I guess sluggish gameplay differs to players. I've never had a game with 5 bar connection and imagine I'm pressing the standing tackle button 3 times in a row to work. I'm thinking to go with makelele as he got +3 to defense and physical. Also high agility and balance are crucial and they're extremely high. Anchor seems to be the best option to increase strength and aggression. What's your opinion on Essien? I've heard great things about his prime with engine.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Cant play with low connection and delay? YOU SUCK!
    > Haha nah just messing, dont know how console players keep getting fifa on consoles when the consoles cant handle the rubbish game engine. At least on PC we get smooth gameplay and we only have to deal with the scripting. You guys have lag/delay + scripting!
    >
    > I havent really tested Essien from maybe some draft which i dont even remember.
    >
    > The thing with Essien is that he is very similar however 3 stats which i would say are very important in this FIFA. AGGRESSION, Reactions and vision. Those 3 stats Keane is best at but Makelele a close 2nd as Makelele moments gets boost in both reactions and finally gets the 90+ aggression as i have always felt him being not aggressive enough.
    >
    > So i think you should just get Makelele moments as Essien is overhyped and overpriced atm. He is great no doubt but the difference in reactions alone has such a big affect that it is not worth paying so much more for less in that + vision.
    >
    > There are some players that even with low aggression play very aggressivley. In general though 90+ is gonna be the best combined with 90+ reactions.
    >
    > Also i feel 80+ vision players do much better with passing and is in many cases worth getting those who have slightly higher vision.
    >
    > Also if you get moments Makelele i still suggest engine chem on him. As balance and strength are linked +5 strength wont make a big difference and all other stats he has 90's in physical and defending stats. So you arent making him any better. With engine however you will make his dribbling much sweeter and even more nimble.
    > Also gives more passing stats which is great.
    > I would say giving him a chemstyle with passing boost will be most helpful to making his passing more effecient and consistent.
    >
    > Basic is pretty good as well if you still want to have him +5 strength.
    >
    > but 87 strength with 99 balance is insane. So engine makes the most sense as you like more agile and nimble players anyways.
    > Anchor is just a waste imo as heading accuracy doesnt matter this year and there is no real gain on other stats as they are already super high. Jumping is not needed either as he has high enough jumping for when he needs to jump.
    > And he will mostly be against Messi and short attacking players anyways. He will easily outmuscle them anyways.

Hahaha I've dealt with scripting and it doesn't really bother me anymore as I'm getting benefitted as well but majority of the times I'm suffering. Sluggish gameplay is the most annoying part since you have to adapt in every game and you can't really enjoy players like Keane.

Moving to the main topic, I've bought moments makelele and man he is phenomenal. The lowest in the market had shadow applied to him so I gave it a try for 12 games. His passing is very good without any boost. I'd dare to say just a notch beside Keane without any boost. However I'm considering to try artist on him to get the most out of his passing and dribbling abilities. But man he really upgraded my team since his low attack work rate allows me to use toty de jong in attack and so far he scored 5 goals and did 4 assists in 12 games. He's so rapid that I don't mind pressing a lot and letting gaps behind.

Price wise now, he does worth the extra coins while Keane doesn't. His prime is just as good as moments but regarding makelele his prime was missing something.