Goalkeeper chemistry styles

Hello world. I've always wondered if chemistry styles with a boost on kicking affected the passing stats (or ball control or maybe other stats?) of my goalkeeper. Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 794
    edited January 20

Hello i am world. xD

There is something odd about the chemstyles for GK's. For one basic gives +10 to all stats apart from speed. But does it really? Even if in game the stats might go up the keeper himself doesnt really perform to that level. Something is off with them. I think it is actually just a +5 boost on basic just like the acceleration.

I dont have anything factual about it but me and a couple of friends once tested goalkeepers on FUT to see the difference in chemstyles. It was in fifa 19 but things havent changed from what i have experienced.

One thing we noticed was lets say a keeper has 80 on all ratings. With basic he should perform like 90 rated but he didnt. So lets say the keeper wasnt that good positioned in general. When we put a chemstyle that improved positioning like CAT. They were much better positioned.

Same with handle. putting glove or wall to improve handling and we saw the keeper plucking more balls and diving better etc.

Same with kicking. With basic the kicking never improves it seems. But with Shield for an example the kicking became much better.

What i have noticed is that if a keeper seems to be a bit worse in a certain category then put a chemstyle that boosts those. For an example i put glove on Neuer FB and now he is much better in the air. Before he used to punch awkwardly. But now he plucks more balls and is more stable in those areas.

For kicking when i had Schmeichel base his kicking sucked. But with shield it became much better.

But if you look at Schmeichel stats his kicking is supposed to be good.
    But his actual passing stats are LOW. low vision etc. These things make a difference and the kicking category is linked with the normal players passing stats.

So if you go to GK's page on futbin. Check their normal card(special cards dont upgrade the normal player stats) and you can see their passing stats. Those matter. The best kicking keepers have 65+vision and 45+in short and long passing at the minimum. Van der sar middle is good at kicking. I have cat on him to improve speed as i play high def line. But look at Van der sar middle, thats the least kicking stats you need in a GK. Lower and they struggle but do become better with shield or wall on kicking.
    Best at kicking is Neuer and Ederson with De gea.

I use passing from the back a lot so i need good kicking keeper and shield and wall 100% boost kicking. Basic does not do the same boost.

So i always recommend that in most cases basic is not that good and you get more boost from others. However of course if a keeper has very high stats and seems to be solid in all areas you can keep him at basic.

edited January 21

@Pisserone said:
    Unlucky. Anyway I just sold De ligt and bought headliner Aguero. I Hope Tomiyasu does its job well ?

You mean record breaker Aguero xD i know the designs look similar hehe
    Let me know how he plays btw. i was thinking of trying him out as a poacher with Kane 93 IF.

PisseronePisserone Posts: 10
    Unlucky. Anyway I just sold De ligt and bought headliner Aguero. I Hope Tomiyasu does its job well ?

@Pisserone said:

What's your psn ID (if you play on ps4)? Maybe we'll have some friendly matches

Im on PC

> @ihatetay said:
    > @Pisserone said:
    > Great review thanks ?. I have Balotelli too and I often switch from 433 to 532. it's a very good formation and since now I think I was the only one who use it lol. From this few messages we seems similar players. Anyway, I didn't get the story about the late weekend league. Why after 15 matches some players don't work fine? Maybe there is something magic that i ignore.......
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Because the matches are way to easy in the first half xD usually the toughest matches for me are in the last 10 matches. So then i like to have more consistent players that i know will perform and make the less mistakes. First half i can experiment a lot more.

What's your psn ID (if you play on ps4)? Maybe we'll have some friendly matches
    edited January 21

@Pisserone said:
    Great review thanks ?. I have Balotelli too and I often switch from 433 to 532. it's a very good formation and since now I think I was the only one who use it lol. From this few messages we seems similar players. Anyway, I didn't get the story about the late weekend league. Why after 15 matches some players don't work fine? Maybe there is something magic that i ignore.......

Because the matches are way to easy in the first half xD usually the toughest matches for me are in the last 10 matches. So then i like to have more consistent players that i know will perform and make the less mistakes. First half i can experiment a lot more.

Great review thanks ?. I have Balotelli too and I often switch from 433 to 532. it's a very good formation and since now I think I was the only one who use it lol. From this few messages we seems similar players. Anyway, I didn't get the story about the late weekend league. Why after 15 matches some players don't work fine? Maybe there is something magic that i ignore.......

@Pisserone said:
    I didn't get Sanchez, his stats are very good but I like too much my friend di Maria and he is LW, I don't want less chemistry by moving it. De ligt is a game changer. Fast, strong, perfect passes (I need defenders with good passing stats as the goalkeeper). But now I think to give a chance to tomiyasu storyline. Usually I don't use players that I don't like (honestly, who the fuck is he?? ?) but his stats looks very good and I can spend the deligt's 900k in aguero, or cr7, or Roberto Carlos, or other stuff. Did you ever try tomiyasu? If yes how is he?

Of course i have xD I also have Shoji who is amazing.

Tomiyasu is a good CB. With anchor he is tough defender to go past as he has that strength, decent balance and good agility with good speed.
    He does lack aggression but anchor does fix that a bit. The problem is though that he has only 80 reactions. I would have liked to have engine on him but he needs the aggression and defensive boost a bit more imo.
    Passing is good enough with 5*WF. 70+ vision would have been great but accuracy of passing is good but less risky passing is a must as with any defender who lacks vision and curve they wont be able to get the ball around opposition as good. Depends also who you have at other CB spots. I always have someone like Moore who becomes the main playmaker at the back. I play 5-3-2 so the LCB and RCB will be closer to the wings and wont often need to make too many difficult passing as the central CB will. If you play 2 CB formation then one of them must be the playmaker type.
    So when it comes to interceptions and reactions being low that is one thing he wont do as many other top CB's. When it comes to winning challenges and duels he is equal to the top CB's. So if you use him more manually and let the better interceptors stay central and take care of the ST's themselves more.

So lets say you have him with a B.Moore you can do very well.

He wont be as good as De ligt. If you are good at defending then you can even manage with a good silver CB of course and you will be able to do well with Tomiyasu as well. Its just that reaction, interceptions + aggression that is a bit low.

Basically Tomiyasu is great for the first 15 WL games but at the end you would want someone more like Shoji and top end CB.
    Thats how i felt this WL. As i liked Sanchez and Balotelli partnership i played more of Tomiyasu but ended up changing him out later on in the WL with Luiz or Ramos.
    But i rotate between a few different teams and every WL it happens that in the last 3rd i tend to just use 2 teams maybe even replacing 1 or 2 players in that team who seem to be playing good.

So yeh good CB to have but cant replace a top end CB. Sort of like Schär who is great but cant match VVD and Luiz for an example.

However he could replace Romagnoli. I have used Romagnoli before and Tomiyasu with anchor would be better imo. He has more physical presence and better dribbling stats making him feel more lively as well. With the lower reaction the least you need is good agility and acceleraation or high aggression to make up for the lower reactions. And Tomi has the agility and speed that makes him a much nicer CB to control manually.

I didn't get Sanchez, his stats are very good but I like too much my friend di Maria and he is LW, I don't want less chemistry by moving it. De ligt is a game changer. Fast, strong, perfect passes (I need defenders with good passing stats as the goalkeeper). But now I think to give a chance to tomiyasu storyline. Usually I don't use players that I don't like (honestly, who the fuck is he?? ?) but his stats looks very good and I can spend the deligt's 900k in aguero, or cr7, or Roberto Carlos, or other stuff. Did you ever try tomiyasu? If yes how is he?
    edited January 21

@Pisserone said:
    In game at the moment I play 433 false 9, base yashin, prime zanetti, scream romagnoli, toty de ligt, sif kolarov, de bruyne, base seedorf, moment di maria, dybala, moment bernardo silva, sif gomez

ah good different team.

How is De ligt toty?

People are saying TOTY are bugged like the icons and super boosted. Hence why i am thinking of maybe trying out De ligt.
    Cant get any other TOTY players but Trent, Robertson and De ligt are attainable.
    I would generally go for icons but might try a TOTY this year.

Also if you want a serie a player have thought about doing Sanchez? or did it end already. If not then you should get him. He is fantastic and will be better than Dybala or/and Gomez and/or Maria and/or Silva xD Depending on who of them you would replace.
    Play him CAM/CF or ST and he is a pitbull who can shoot and pass. He creates lots for me.
    I play him and Balotelli FB up front in my serie a hybrid. Sanchez wins balls back high up and he is stupidly hard to get the ball off. He has as many assists as matches played.

> @Pisserone said:
    > In game at the moment I play 433 false 9, base yashin, prime zanetti, scream romagnoli, toty de ligt, sif kolarov, de bruyne, base seedorf, moment di maria, dybala, moment bernardo silva, sif gomez

One midfielder drops between defenders, so fullbacks can attack, the team is wide on the pitch and I need a goalkeeper who passes very well ?
    In game at the moment I play 433 false 9, base yashin, prime zanetti, scream romagnoli, toty de ligt, sif kolarov, de bruyne, base seedorf, moment di maria, dybala, moment bernardo silva, sif gomez

@Pisserone said:
    At the moment I can assert that baby yashin is the best gk I've ever tried. Absolute insane saves and he feels very quick and agile. I also used VDS but with the icon swap he'll be in lots of team and I like to differentiate myself from others?? so I think I'll try prime Schmeichel when I'll have coins. Thanks for your advice

Good man, i am the same when it comes to not playing the players everyone else is using xD For an example atm i am rocking Ian rush prime who is insane. Also tried out Harry kane 93 who has such amazing finishing.

So far i have actually not faced so many with VDS middle. But yh your point is valid and keeping Yashin until later on is good stuff xD

What is your team as you seem to not play meta?

At the moment I can assert that baby yashin is the best gk I've ever tried. Absolute insane saves and he feels very quick and agile. I also used VDS but with the icon swap he'll be in lots of team and I like to differentiate myself from others?? so I think I'll try prime Schmeichel when I'll have coins. Thanks for your advice
    edited January 20

@Pisserone said:
    Thank you, World ?. Me too, I play very much with goalkeeper, both with short passes and long. From my experience, I agree with you in almost all you wrote! I have the same sensation about chemistry style and stats you ve mentioned. Ter stegen and neuer was perfect in my teams, also Ederson but he has 3* weak foot. But right now I have a serie A defense, I tried Donnarumma and Handanovic and they suck with foot. 40/50 vision, 30 passing stats and every pass goes to my opponent or throw in. Then I tried icons (mid schmeichel and base yashin). I feel yashin more calm and accurate with feet and he has same passing stats as Handanovic and Donnarumma but much more vision and agility. I think this has impact too. By the way thanks for response!!

Yes the italian league GK's have rubbish passing. Thats why i got VDS middle from swaps for hybrids and such. I use Neuer FB and De gea futmas when i can fit them into the team as well. I got several different teams.

I can also say that weak foot passing of Ederson is pretty good because of high passing stats. I had no problem, compared to VDS who is great on his strong foot but can mess up on his left at times. However i had problem with Edersons air ability. He never catches the ball and punches very badly. Even with glove i didnt find him to get to the same level as De Gea, Neuer, Ter stegen. But he was still solid in other areas and great in 1v1.

I havent tested Yashin(this fifa) so cant say. He has low kicking but decent passing stats. I can tell you though that Prime Schmeichel is a complete beast. He is great at everything. His base and middle are good but dont feel the same as his prime. Both Yashin and Schmeichel are supposed to be the best 1v1 keepers and the only 2 keepers who can make those insane quick and double saves. Even if Neuer is about the same in 1v1 he doesnt seem to do the same insane double saves as Schmeichel and Yashin.

Yashin lacks the height for the aerial things but makes up by being awesome at others. I still think Schmeichel is the best one to get among the icons but his prime only. VDS is solid as well and free in swaps so if you can get VDS and put either shield or cat on him for the speed boost so he can save more 1v1's and double saves.

Thank you, World ?. Me too, I play very much with goalkeeper, both with short passes and long. From my experience, I agree with you in almost all you wrote! I have the same sensation about chemistry style and stats you ve mentioned. Ter stegen and neuer was perfect in my teams, also Ederson but he has 3* weak foot. But right now I have a serie A defense, I tried Donnarumma and Handanovic and they suck with foot. 40/50 vision, 30 passing stats and every pass goes to my opponent or throw in. Then I tried icons (mid schmeichel and base yashin). I feel yashin more calm and accurate with feet and he has same passing stats as Handanovic and Donnarumma but much more vision and agility. I think this has impact too. By the way thanks for response!!
    Hi man. Yes I meant Aguero record breaker lol. I really love him ? I gave him maestro chemistry style and he's a perfect false 9 but I think he could be great with hunter in a 2 attackers formation give him a try! BTW prime Schmeichel disappointed me