Defending

I am rocking a pretty ok team,not bad not the worst ,but ima struggling big time with passing and making good decisions in-front of goal . And also I will appreciate if someone tells me what are the buttons to do close dribbling....

Comments

HaiLeRecoHaiLeReco Posts: 33
    For close dribbling, or strafe dribbling hold down lb on Xbox. I don’t know about the PlayStation but it is the left bumper stick. Just hold it down and the ball glues to your feet. As for passing and decisions, just try to stay composed and calm. Don’t make risky passes and when you are through on goal, try to cut it back as this works for me a lot. Just don’t panic and you will do fine
    icyblinkyicyblinky Posts: 10
    You know what it’s weird like that , I haven’t scored a cut back I really meant. I just don’t know how all my pass don’t go to the intended player
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822

@icyblinky said:
    I am rocking a pretty ok team,not bad not the worst ,but ima struggling big time with passing and making good decisions in-front of goal . And also I will appreciate if someone tells me what are the buttons to do close dribbling....

There are combinations for close dribbling.

LB/L1 is strafe dribbling but only one direction. But good for making a player turn around. LB+RB/L1+R1 and you can do the strafe dribbling in all directions.

R2+L2/LT+RT is the one where you take small touches and keep the ball close to you. You also protect the ball this way. Do this in defence as well when you win the ball initially.

The 2nd dribbling i mention is extremely powerful with a strong player. Someone like Ibra who has great dribbling and strength will be able to hold off everyone and you can take a couple of touches to open up a shot opportunity.

For passing like that i get what you mean. Your opponent always finds someone playing a pass across goal after running down the wing. But YOU CANT. But a bit more calmness is needed.
    2 things work in these situations. Passing just after a directional change will leave defenders a bit more "on their heels". Same with if you do a skill move will "confuse" the defenders.
    So skillmove or directional quick change and pass or cross instantly works decent.

BUT be calm and try to keep your eyes wide open. Try to see around more instead of just the first option. You will often miss another passing opportunity because you are too stressed.

So yes you can do directional change + close/strafe dribbling side to side to get a bit more time or wait for a run etc.

With passing as well learn the timing of when the players make a good pass and when a defender intercepts and when they dont. And such. Going into training and training with lower rated players will help you understand more of when passing works and when it doesnt.