Marching in WL (beginner)

I am beginner. I played WL and won 10 matches in 20 games. I only had to win 1 game to reach Silver 3. Then I got matched with strong opponents only and lost 10 in a row.

I though after I loose i would get weeker opponents but even I lost 8 or 9 times I was still getting strong players. Does the matching depend on me winning 10 matches or the form like loosing 7 in a row?

Comments

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822
    edited February 11

I think you meant silver 1. I think 11 wins is silver 1.

You get opponents on similar run to yours. So if you are on 4 matches loss the other person will be around the same 3-5 loss. However this could also be someone who has 20 wins but lost 5 in a row or even 8-9.

The problem i see is many people get boosted to gold. Then the scripting stops helping them and they start losing as they should.

Most my games at the end i feel the scripting is strong early on vs crappy opponents. I get these crappy opponents later on as well after 20+ wins as well. But in the later 15 games its much easier for me. The first 15 i will have some odd loss here and there when the game is helping the other player clearly. But the scripting is much less in the last 15 games and i can easily win vs these boosted players and enjoy the games vs similar skilled opponents.
    As i said even after 20+ wins i can still get crappy players but also top players.

There is some unfairness going on as i would rather play more vs higher skilled players later on. There are players in elite/top 100 that arent that great at all.
    So yes they must revamp the system a bit.

However it shouldnt be too easy either. You are supposed to have some challenge. But for me challenge wouldnt be a gold 3 player but an elite 2-1/top 100 player. But as i said i wont come up against them as much even after 20 wins.

When i say crappy i dont mean any disrespect. As some who win vs me think i am crappy of course.

So basically at first 5 games its random, you can get anyone. But after that it doesnt mean you cant get a good player. Because lets say you started WL early. But then someone better started later on. And they have just won 6-7 game and you have same amount. Then you get matched up as you are on similar run.

Generally yes after 10 wins the opponents get somewhat better. But you will be matched up with players on a similar run. So as you see you can still play against someone who is gold 1/elite 3 even after 7 losses or so as they might be on the same run.

So you got unlucky getting matched with better players.

There are many who will win early on and do well but then as they reach higher up they suddenly cant win.

There are 2 things at play. 1 thing is that early on in WL the worse players get more help to get wins. However as they get boosted into gold the game stops to help them.
    Then also of course the changing of the different quality of players you come up against.

I have after 23 wins even come up against players who honestly arent that good. But you will be surprised how many bad players will get gold 1-2.

I always feel that the last 5-7 games are easier for me and i often will lose vs a clearly mmuch worse player than me. Usually there might be 5 games that are either 50/50 or the opponent slightly better. But depending on the weekend upto 5 games is the game being completely against you. The rest i manage with my skill level and knowledge.

So you have just been unlucky this time around. You will obviously gain a bit of experience but also will be matched differently every time. Some weekends you will do better.

I can also give you a tip. Try not to quit matches early on. Sometimes an opponent might seem better scoring 2-3 goals early on but they are actually bad and the game is just being retarded. Give it a try and make a comeback. If 2nd half is still not working for you then you can quit of course as you dont want to waste another 6 mins.
    But many times you can make comeback if you believe you can match the opponent somewhat.

patboxpatbox Posts: 10
    Is the matching based on last 5 games or based on all games? Coz that is a bit unfair to beginners. Even a pro can loose 5 games against pros and then match me.

@patbox said:
    Is the matching based on last 5 games or based on all games? Coz that is a bit unfair to beginners. Even a pro can loose 5 games against pros and then match me.

I dont remember how many exact games it counts as a run, as it is the same win wise, coming up against someone with similar win streak as well. But yes its a bit like that as i described as well. So yes a good player on a bad run can come up against a bad player on a bad run.

It is a bit unfair but it is also supposed to be a challenge. I think it should be completely random until a certain point. Lets say upto 17 wins its random but after that you get players with 17+ wins only.
    So after 3 losses it wont be random and losers should be matched together at random. However i feel after 5 losses there should be another limit of how many wins the player has. So the lower the wins and 3+ loss streak you should come up against same loss streak and similar wins players.

So it should categorise only on the top and bottom and keep it random otherwise.

Maybe someone has exact specs on the amount of games it counts for next matchup rank.

So yes its gonna be tough for beginners in general in WL as well because most who play it are experienced in WL and generally play a tad more than casual.
    Give it another try and see if with a bit of training and experience you might do better and matchup might be luckier for you.

patboxpatbox Posts: 10
    Ok. I feel it makes sence. I think after 10 wins it started to match me with beginners on 10 wins which are good beggins if they have 10 wins and they all beat me. I lost !0 games in a raw and could not reach Silver 1. Well at least my loss is somebody's else win.

Another thing, my wins and losses are usually full of goals on both ends. Like 4:5 or 4:3. I start 2:0 theb he gets 2:3 then I get 4:3 then he gets 4:4 and I get 5:4. Is that normal? I feel I am not that good to score 5 goals online but I do but if I can score 5 how come my defence is so bad than.

@patbox said:
    Ok. I feel it makes sence. I think after 10 wins it started to match me with beginners on 10 wins which are good beggins if they have 10 wins and they all beat me. I lost !0 games in a raw and could not reach Silver 1. Well at least my loss is somebody's else win.

Another thing, my wins and losses are usually full of goals on both ends. Like 4:5 or 4:3. I start 2:0 theb he gets 2:3 then I get 4:3 then he gets 4:4 and I get 5:4. Is that normal? I feel I am not that good to score 5 goals online but I do but if I can score 5 how come my defence is so bad than.

Well yes you have to work on your defence. Its not what players you have etc. It is more down to you reading the game and getting used to the timing of when to tackle and such.

Generally if the other playing an open defence as in going higher press or/and making more of his players move forward and onto attack. Thats when you get more open spaced and easier to create chances. Sometimes people get sucked into these things as they might not have a counter tactic to such.

Mainly the defence has become more manual this year. However over the patches it has become more auto as well. But at least it is still pretty nice to be able to hold a defence with low rated defenders. As its more upto me to a certain point. Unlike attacking you never know if he is gonna shoot well or miss open net from 1meter.

It is hard to just give tips in defending as much of it is just football knowledge and experience.
    But mainly i can say is dont be too commited to go for tackles. Calm down in defence and try to slow down attacks rather than always just winning the ball back. And then learn to time your tackling and press.
    Stop spamming tackle button and also learn to use slidetackling a bit more.

So its just upto you mainly to just get better. Go into training as well with a lower rated team and you will get used to more of the mechanics and the timing of things.
    Also just try to learn more as you play as well instead of getting angry and such. See where things work and where they didnt and why. Often you will realise "oh no he was in bad position to pass there and next time i will be more calm take another touch" etc etc.