Looking for a new icon cdm

As the title indicates I need a new icon cdm around 1.1m. I've already tried Prime icon moments Keane and Makelele so don't mention them. They're both great btw.

Moving to the main topic, around that price, I could go for prime icon moments Guardiola who for a reason his dribbling and passing are really tempting for me ( @ihatetay, it makes me wonder how you've never mentioned him xD). Also, Prime Petit (tactician and tackler traits are something to be considered) and last but not least Prime icon moments Rijkard. I could also get mid Matthaus if I gather 200k.

Comments

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822

OI! I did mention Guardiola. I said he is shite!
    I got nothing against Guardiola but he does not deserve an icon card as a player. He was a bang average player. Nothing special and wasnt ever regarded as a top player even.
    Great manager no doubt. But i will never use his icon card and dont recommend it as he doesnt deserve it. He shouldnt even be close the other CDM's. Others are absolute legends...then they give Guardiola an icon card. A HUGE disrespect to the others.

Also luckily he is actually not that good in game. Everytime i have come up against him ihave never felt i come up against an icon. I have even come up against Overmars dominating the midfield and feeling like an icon should when you come up against someone like that in midfield. But Guardiola has never scared me and i dont think i have lost many if any games vs those who have used him.

Rijkard i have never been a fan of. In game i mean. In real life he was a good footballer. But in game he is good but i have never felt he has ever been worth it as he has never felt better than other ones. He has however been a really nice CB when i have used him there. I think it was in draft early on. One of his cdm versions it was. He was uninspiring in the midfield though.

You have already used 2 great ones. Especially Keane who is the greatest ever. Game didnt do him justice even though he is still great in game.

I think you should give Matthäus a go. Petit i dont think you will like much. By that i mean he is a great ball winner but nothing special on the ball. His dribbling and passing doesnt feel as good as the other 2 you have tried.

Matthäus is of course a top end player who is insane. If you havent played with him before i suggest you try him out now. Great player, in game and real life. One of the players they made quite realistic in game.
    Young people havent seen proper midfielders. These icons were something else. Midfielders of today are nothing special at all. By that i am not talking about attackers/wingers but proper midfielders.

InsidiousInsidious Posts: 349
    > @ihatetay said:
    > OI! I did mention Guardiola. I said he is shite!
    > I got nothing against Guardiola but he does not deserve an icon card as a player. He was a bang average player. Nothing special and wasnt ever regarded as a top player even.
    > Great manager no doubt. But i will never use his icon card and dont recommend it as he doesnt deserve it. He shouldnt even be close the other CDM's. Others are absolute legends...then they give Guardiola an icon card. A HUGE disrespect to the others.
    >
    > Also luckily he is actually not that good in game. Everytime i have come up against him ihave never felt i come up against an icon. I have even come up against Overmars dominating the midfield and feeling like an icon should when you come up against someone like that in midfield. But Guardiola has never scared me and i dont think i have lost many if any games vs those who have used him.
    >
    > Rijkard i have never been a fan of. In game i mean. In real life he was a good footballer. But in game he is good but i have never felt he has ever been worth it as he has never felt better than other ones. He has however been a really nice CB when i have used him there. I think it was in draft early on. One of his cdm versions it was. He was uninspiring in the midfield though.
    >
    > You have already used 2 great ones. Especially Keane who is the greatest ever. Game didnt do him justice even though he is still great in game.
    >
    > I think you should give Matthäus a go. Petit i dont think you will like much. By that i mean he is a great ball winner but nothing special on the ball. His dribbling and passing doesnt feel as good as the other 2 you have tried.
    >
    > Matthäus is of course a top end player who is insane. If you havent played with him before i suggest you try him out now. Great player, in game and real life. One of the players they made quite realistic in game.
    > Young people havent seen proper midfielders. These icons were something else. Midfielders of today are nothing special at all. By that i am not talking about attackers/wingers but proper midfielders.

I see, well I don't have the coins for Matthaus but I'll give a go to Petit. Btw, indeed Keane is very good but as I've mentioned in those laggy games which the majority nowadays are he's not that good. It's like he's not aggressive at all. In good conditions he's animal. Still tho I wanna try more icons since the game is shite so I can have some fun.

As for Guardiola I'll agree again. He wasn't that special to deserve an icon but stats wise he seems like a player who you would enjoy. He has good passing and dribbling. His defensive stats ain't that bad either.