I’ve come to a conclusion.

We make this game worse. And let me tell you why.

I stopped playing FUT about two months ago because of all the obvious, known reasons, no need to explain that, but mostly because I was bored as f**k when I was playing it. Which I think most of you will agree. After a while I felt the need to play fifa, but I decided to play fifa 19 intead of fifa 20.

And let me tell you something, I enjoyed it more than I ever enjoyed playing fifa. Why? Because none of the opponents I faced tried to exploit all those easy ways of scoring goals. Each player had their own original team, each player had their own play style and nobody forced crosses to score a header which we all know were overpowered in fifa 19. Nobody spammed la croquetas etc..

Of course, all those other things we hate were present in the game, occasional scripting, ball bouncing back and forth to the opponent and all that crap which is EAs fault. Besides that, I can’t complain much. All the goals that were scored were created from nice build up play, everyone played mainly offensive and there were no switching sides from one to another, returning the ball to the CDMs etc. You all know what i’m trying to say.

Then, I decided to play a little bit of pro clubs in fifa 20. The frustration came back again. Why? Because people have no football IQ. Each and every one of my teammates had to spam 5 skill moves before making a simple pass. Very often did the teammate loose the ball.

And then it hit me. As much as EA is disgusting, doing everything to manipulate players into buying fifa points etc. I blame the player base for disrupting the football game we love. As soon as the game comes out, certain players will try everything before they realise what “this years meta is”. Why do people bother that much what the meta is every year? I simply can not understand why playing normal football isn’t good enough. Why does every player strive to have the same players inside their teams. And most importantly, how do
people enjoy the game when it consists of no offensive tactics? It’s boring, uncreative and it kills the game.

And before you attack me with the facts why it is EA’s fault the game is in the state like this, believe me, I know all the facts. I am simply trying to say I blame the player base for at least 50% for why the game looks like this. It is disgusting. All the shushing, the celebrations of undeserved goals, the wins certain opponents get because they had one lucky opportunity.

It is EA’s fault partially that these players are able to play that way. The AI is simply overpowered, the defensive movements of the AI are just strong enough to enable a bad player survive a game. Apart from that, we make this game worse. We start playing the game as ugly as it can get to secure better awards. But how many times have you seen an elite player get worse rewards than a gold 3 player? Countless probably.

Fifa 20 is a failure of a football game at its finest. It is boring and the game is full of inconsistencies and glitches. But if players stopped playing 1 depth, drop back, come back on defense with their strikers and wingers, we might have a game that is fun, sometimes. In this state of game, it is never fun. All these players embracing the meta and playing a certain play-style are the AIDS of this game. Which is why I think this community is one of the worst in the gaming industry. We all want a better game, but we make it even worse.

But try and prove me wrong.

Comments