De Gea Price Drop

Anyone have any idea what caused the recent De Gea 91 price drop?

I saw the price tank from 115k to 95k last Monday when the Tim Howard and Petr Cech SBCs came out and then drop further to 85k as we approached the Winter Refresh and Upgrades as I guessed people were dropping the cards and expecting an upgrade on the base card. But after the upgrades were announced, the price sank even further to 75k???

Any idea what is going on and what the price might recover to? Given that the card isn’t upgraded and the SBCs are over, I would expect a steady price rise back to the former value.

Comments

Picked him up when noticed his pricetag. Didnt like him at all so i hope he’ll rise in value and i’ll get some profit to make up what he have fone to me
    Yes i’m in ps4....
    IllyunIllyun Posts: 32
    > @Donkadorna said:
    > Thank god de gea is already 110k dude....what do you think investing in nacho rttf,buying at 160-170k....selling before the match(or holding),to take advantage from the hype?

are you on PlayStation? The Futbin price is 95k at the moment.
    Thank god de gea is already 110k dude....what do you think investing in nacho rttf,buying at 160-170k....selling before the match(or holding),to take advantage from the hype?
    Dude that team is sick???....how far did you make it in WL?
    My team is more humble but i’d hit elite 3
    4-3-3(3) - 4-1-2-1-2 in game.
    Casillas flashback
    Lala IF Varane S.Ramos J.Alba (rrtf)
    Doukoure sbc (purple)
    Pogba David Silva toty
    Mbbape Aubumeyang IF Sane headliner

Subs: insigne sbc,matuidi futmas,zlatan flashback,boateng flashback,papu futmas,lucas mouras potm,sweinstegger scream.......i’m looking to bring maradona prime to the team will be my dream....1kk coins away.
    good news about de gea he’s price still rising...
    edited February 2019
    > @Donkadorna said:
    > ???....dude how’s playing with prime pele?does it make a game change?what kind of team are you looking to build right now?

Prime Pele is just a beast. Get him anywhere near the penalty box and shoot and he scores. He’s not as much fun as Prime Ronaldinho though, but far more effective.

My team is currently 4-2-3-1:

GK - TOTY De Gea
    CB - Prime Baresi
    CB - Prime Ferdinand (want TOTY Ramos)
    RB - Flashback Alves
    LB - TOTY Marcelo
    CDM - Prime Keane
    CDM - Prime Ballack
    CAM - Prime Maradona
    CAM - IF David Silva 93 (want Prime Pele)
    CAM - CL Fred 83 (want IF Messi 96)
    ST - POTM Rashford (want IF Suarez 93 - my son wants IF Cristiano Ronaldo 95, but the Chem doesn’t work out)

I had Prime Pele and IF Messi 96, Prime Moore and sold them and some others to buy the 93 De Geas

My subs are:
    Prime Best - he’s RF so can’t start
    POTM Hazard 93 - LF so can’t start
    Flashback Ibrahimovic
    Prime Van Der Sar (20 match loan - unused and I reckon I can keep him till Fifa 20 comes out as I never need a substitute goalkeeper)
    POTM Sterling 90 - LF
    CL Alderweireld 88 - CB (to be replaced by Prime Ferdinand when TOTY Ramos arrives)
    Headliners Carvajal 87 - RB

Got POTM Aubameyang 90, POTM Lucas 86, Bale 88 and Flashback Casilias in reserves. Quite a few others, but can’t remember who.

I normally bring on Best and Hazard to terrify the defences when they are tiring by the 55th minute or so.

Also got Prime Moments Matthaus for a 7 match loan. Will try him out at some point.
    edited February 2019
    > @Donkadorna said:
    > Ho man that’s so nice....do you want to be my dad???lol.....do you get to play a little at least?

I play all the time lol... regularly get Gold 1 on WL and Elite 2 on Squad Battles. Just started playing FUT this year. I’m in Division 6 for Division Rivals - started off in 8.
    I’m going for broke. I built a great team for my 10 year old son and want to finish it off
    ???....dude how’s playing with prime pele?does it make a game change?what kind of team are you looking to build right now?
    > @Donkadorna said:
    > Lmfao!!dude 93 cards,wtf!!!!!!

Loooooool, I know. Someone actually bought one of them for 120k coins this morning... I was like, what?!! I immediately went and bought another for 90k :D
    Lmfao!!dude 93 cards,wtf!!!!!!
    I think the price will eventually rise... a few high value gold player prices have collapsed.

As for your experience with De Gea, it’s really strange as he’s been amazing for me - I now have TOTY De Gea, but not much different to the base gold version to be honest. There is a strange thing with goalkeepers and FIFA 19. A goalkeeper might be amazing for 90% of players and totally useless for the other 10%. I did the Prime Yasin SBC when it came out and he was absolutely dreadful. He would watch balls slowly pass him by that he could save by just lifting his arms that seemed to be strapped down by invisible rope. Other times he would simply prove too short to reach shots that taller keepers like Van Der Sar or Courtois would have saved with ease. Eventually I just dumped him back into the club and used him for the Prime Rio Ferdinand SBC. But then I started reading how amazing he is for others and I simply don’t recognise the Yashin they are on about. It’s a shame you haven’t seen what De Gea is capable of as he really is the best keeper on FIFA.
    He’s getting back to his normal price guys,right now he’s 100k.....
    Yes Ive been checking like a nervous wreck every 5 minutes :D
    I think we can have good news,today(sunday),hope so cuz i have 15 cards!!i need to go 109k to not lose coins...i’m happy not losing.
    > @Donkadorna said:
    > I think we can have good news,today(sunday),hope so cuz i have 15 cards!!i need to go 109k to not lose coins...i’m happy not losing.

Lol, I have 93 cards. Sold Prime Pele, IF Messi and a host of players and bet the house on his price rising again. Bought 70 at 95k and then another 23 at 84k.... then bricked and kicked myself when I saw him go to 75k. If I’d bought at 75k..... :p
    Give it another 2-3 days and hopefully we will hit 105-115k
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822

Cech SBC and also the icon promo lots of packs have been opened. But people are going back to De Gea again and as mentioned in a few days it will be rising again.

> @Donkadorna said:
    > Yes i’m in ps4....

Ah ok... I’m ok Xbox so still waiting for the De Gea price to rise!
    Ho man that’s so nice....do you want to be my dad???lol.....do you get to play a little at least?