I don't know where I'm going wrong

Lost 20 games in Division Rivals and only 3 games that I've won

Got relegated last night from Division 7, and now teetering on the brink of relegation from Div 8.

I honestly don't want to buy FIFA points, since it wont do any good

Comments

Grow up mate.... buying points has nothing to do with it. You’re just bad at the game it’s as simple as that. Finding excuses such as the game is biased against you because you’ve not bought points is ridiculous, have you actually heard yourself?

Put it this way, I have been practicing a new technique, and its really aggressive defence and quick counter attack

The game is scripted and bent towards people who don’t buy fifa points and who have shit teams, the only people who pack mega stuff are you tubers and pros. The game is awful
    senbsenb Posts: 8
    > @Moes1986 said:
    > Iam division 1 in rivals my skill points is 2045 for now and i believe that fifa is scripted also but if you play smart and build a good team with the right players then you can hold the damage limited i think.

What are your tactics?
    cakedinmudcakedinmud Posts: 90
    edited February 22

@GarethJ1806 said:
    You need to change your tactics. I started playing a 4231 and it worked really well, the December patch changed that. Practice with a different formation

Did you read the previous posts? I can practice as I like, still won't make a difference. Clearly these people have been buying FIFA points and its about time governments stepped in because other people who buy don't get the same loots as they do, otherwise I would buy them myself

The game is clearly scripted to be biased to those who buy FIFA points

2/ I don't have enough hours in the day to practice

3/ I am using the 4231 formation if you hazard a guess to what I was saying earlier

This weekend's WL record
    1-24

Last time I won 6 games, previous to that 11 games

Ashu23Ashu23 Posts: 26
    > @cakedinmud said:
    > This weekend's WL record
    > 1-24
    >
    > Last time I won 6 games, previous to that 11 ga

Its just a suggestion. But if possible make videos of your FUT games at least 3-4 games. I want to see how you play.

Also just sharing my experience. This weekend i started my WL with 2 loss back 2 back and it was very bad loss. But after that i focused by passing and played smartly and won 2 back to back games. Its not bragging just want to tell you that you'll make it . Maybe this week maybe next.
    > @sandersondf said:
    > It happens to me in weekend league but mostly because of myself getting angry.
    >
    > If you are losing by 1-2 goals try to improve your counter attack with fast midfielders. If you are loosing by lots of goals of difference change your tactics, reinforce your defence. See if your players are not getting tired by marking full pressure. In this case lay them to rest in some minutes or get better stamina players.

Totally agree with you. Normally people went on attack mode blindly. They just keep on moving forward and assume they'll score the goal. Atleast that what i was doing in my early day in FIFA. But actually you should be more calm and relax if you are losing and di what you said. Not saying you will win for sure. But atleast you know you played your best.

OK, I'm trying a new tactic now.

I did score a wonderful finesse shot, before the person "rage quit"

InsidiousInsidious Posts: 285
    > @cakedinmud said:
    > OK, I'm trying a new tactic now.
    >
    > I did score a wonderful finesse shot, before the person "rage quit"

Where do you finish in fut champs and in which division you are?
    edited February 25

@Insidious said:
    > @cakedinmud said:
    > OK, I'm trying a new tactic now.
    >
    > I did score a wonderful finesse shot, before the person "rage quit"

Where do you finish in fut champs and in which division you are?

Very low in the fut champs as in one win...yup that bad. Unfortunately, I've gotten demoted again.....bah...I guess this is a good learning league for me to be honest

InsidiousInsidious Posts: 285
    > @cakedinmud said:
    > @Insidious said:
    > > @cakedinmud said:
    > > OK, I'm trying a new tactic now.
    > >
    > > I did score a wonderful finesse shot, before the person "rage quit"
    >
    > Where do you finish in fut champs and in which division you are?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Very low in the fut champs as in one win...yup that bad. Unfortunately, I've gotten demoted again.....bah...I guess this is a good learning league for me to be honest

Then sorry man but your bad in game. However you can improve drastically and take it step by step. Start watching tutorials in the internet and then go to practise arena and don't leave until you master everything needed. Mentality plays it's part as well. You complain about scripting which definitely exists and the gameplay needs lots of improvements. Though, 1 to 5 wins means that you're bad in 30 games. Don't get mad. Know your place. Don't expect to hit gold 3 next week. Aim realistically for silver 1 at least for now. Watch pros playing. Use drop back and 3 depth ofc which is useful atm. Take these from a gold 1-division 2 player. I was as well in lower decisions before I get better but I never blamed the game that much. Feel free to add me if you're playing on ps4. Insidious93

Go backwards to go forwards. Go wide before going inside and vice versa. Build carefully but take risks in the final third. Use driven passes. Call teammates with R1/RB before passing if they're not in space. Play one-two-threes. Shoot first time if you can. Don't hesitate in attack. Defend from the front instead of bringing players out. Don't hold sprint. Don't hold teammate pressure. I hope any of that helps.

I think you're genuinely just terrible and have to practice to find the best formation for you, your team and you play style, so just practice in essence and learn the game

You need to change your tactics. I started playing a 4231 and it worked really well, the December patch changed that. Practice with a different formation

@GarethJ1806 said:
    That’s the way the game works... fut champs you can be drawn against literally anyone.
    Also just because there’s an icon in the team doesn’t mean they’re in a higher div, I play div 6 and regularly come up against teams with multiple icons

But it wasn't that bad when I first started, yeah I lost a lot of matches, but none of the scale of this streak, 35++ I don't know how many I lost, I've lost track to be honest. So much so I'm beginning to lose matches in Squad Battles against teams rated 60-65 on Ultimate AI. It seems that EA has done something really bad to the game

That’s the way the game works... fut champs you can be drawn against literally anyone.
    Also just because there’s an icon in the team doesn’t mean they’re in a higher div, I play div 6 and regularly come up against teams with multiple icons

@ihatetay said:
    You should never buy fifa points no one should. You need to just get better at the game. Go single player for training it can be helpful just to get used to certain mechanics. Having a god squad won't help you.

Its not a matter of practice, I've been playing Divisional Rivals for months, never had this streak of losses before

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 364

That does not make sense...what has happened is players you used to win over have gotten better where you have not. Of course it is practice needed...learning how tactics work etc.

Even if the game has its scripting problems you still have a certain amount of control over it. So it is you who is losing...a few odd games can be blamed on the game. But if you are losing so many in a row you have to just learn the game better and become better. As it is with any real life sports and any game.

@ihatetay said:
    That does not make sense...what has happened is players you used to win over have gotten better where you have not. Of course it is practice needed...learning how tactics work etc.

Even if the game has its scripting problems you still have a certain amount of control over it. So it is you who is losing...a few odd games can be blamed on the game. But if you are losing so many in a row you have to just learn the game better and become better. As it is with any real life sports and any game.

I really don't think you are getting it, really don't

U suck mate

@ConallR28 said:
    U suck mate

Thats not helpful is it?

@cakedinmud said:

Got relegated last night from Division 7, and now teetering on the brink of relegation from Div 8.

That Happened with me also . So i Analyse each game that i lost . In my case i was using slow Defenders and rivals easily avoiding them using through pass . So i replace my defenders with better speed. That is only for my case not saying same thing happens to you. But just think about games that you lost. What are major tactics that used by your rivals while shooting goal one after another.

@Ashu23 said:

@cakedinmud said:

That Happened with me also . So i Analyse each game that i lost . In my case i was using slow Defenders and rivals easily avoiding them using through pass . So i replace my defenders with better speed. That is only for my case not saying same thing happens to you. But just think about games that you lost. What are major tactics that used by your rivals while shooting goal one after another.

There isn't many defenders with "better speeds" out there. D Sanchez is the best I've got in terms of speed, yet I still get beat. I have Doug Costa and a whole load of speedy players in my team, yet their defenders seem to do a lot better than mine

Losing streak continuing in WL definitely scripted

It happens to me in weekend league but mostly because of myself getting angry.

If you are losing by 1-2 goals try to improve your counter attack with fast midfielders. If you are loosing by lots of goals of difference change your tactics, reinforce your defence. See if your players are not getting tired by marking full pressure. In this case lay them to rest in some minutes or get better stamina players.

@sandersondf said:
    It happens to me in weekend league but mostly because of myself getting angry.

If you are losing by 1-2 goals try to improve your counter attack with fast midfielders. If you are loosing by lots of goals of difference change your tactics, reinforce your defence. See if your players are not getting tired by marking full pressure. In this case lay them to rest in some minutes or get better stamina players.

Its just scripted, played division rivals and ended drawing because their defence is too strong and they've messed up the accuracy of the shooting

I've tried everything, including the 3-5-2 which everyone seems to like, no change at all

I use the 4231 on most occasions, and if I think I'm in for a hard ride during the game, its 541

I can't understand how people use the 532 and yet somehow score goals against 541

Whoa!!! Losing streak over, had 3 players sent off, but still managed to win in the WL

edited February 22

@ihatetay said:

They are putting me against players who are div 5 and 4, if there was an icon I would say div 2 and 1