I haven't won in 15 games in division 3

And yes I have taken between games. I play a 4231 with custom tactics that everyone uses. Not defending great, but my main problem is in attack. I just cant get into scoring situations. I get like 3 shots a game ffs.

Dont even know what im doing wrong so any tips?

Comments

M4Y4112345M4Y4112345 Posts: 162
    Pass the ball round as much as you can, I use the same formation and have to pass around from the back too make chances
    RoyalShogunRoyalShogun Posts: 9
    edited March 2019

Instead of trying to replicate what others are using (formations and tactics) you should really try and use your own based on your own needs and how you perform on the pitch. Unfortunately for some there is not a "one glove fits all" text-book in FIFA 19 because everyone plays differently from each-other.

I would suggest getting out of your comfort zone and try out formations that you would other wise be too afraid to use. You say that you are playing 4-2-3-1 which is a great formation, but I personally would not use this as my default formation. "Different strokes for different folkes" I am not saying that you should change formations, but I would highly suggest using one that is based on your needs rather that one that is based on your worries.

I for example swore by 4-2-3-1 because I was worried about the counter-attacks against me and the pure pace from players such as Neymar and Mbappe. I decided to switch to 4-1-2-1-2 (wide) and I have just won 20 weekend league games with a few to spare.

It also helps if you are relaxed even if you are losing in a match, because in FIFA 19 things can change instantly, you could be 2 goals down and immediately score 3 goals past the opposition.

I would like to know what your needs are and what you struggle with as well as the team you are currently using, because I would like to offer some further help if desired.

> @RoyalShogun said:
    > Instead of trying to replicate what others are using (formations and tactics) you should really try and use your own based on your own needs and how you perform on the pitch. Unfortunately for some there is not a "one glove fits all" text-book in FIFA 19 because everyone plays differently from each-other.
    >
    > I would suggest getting out of your comfort zone and try out formations that you would other wise be too afraid to use. You say that you are playing 4-2-3-1 which is a great formation, but I personally would not use this as my default formation. "Different strokes for different folkes" I am not saying that you should change formations, but I would highly suggest using one that is based on your needs rather that one that is based on your worries.
    >
    > I for example swore by 4-2-3-1 because I was worried about the counter-attacks against me and the pure pace from players such as Neymar and Mbappe. I decided to switch to 4-1-2-1-2 (wide) and I have just won 20 weekend league games with a few to spare.
    >
    > It also help if you are relaxed even if you are losing in a match, because in FIFA 19 things can change instantly, you could be 2 goals down and immediately score 3 goals past the opposition.
    >
    > I would like to know what your needs are and what you struggle with as well as the team you are currently using, because I would like to offer some further help if desired.

Great bit of advice

Thanks guys. and yeah i do put a lot of pressure on myself when i play badly which might not help.

I guess the main thing for me is needing good passing options going forward, otherwise I kinda panic cos I dont know what to do with it. Lack of decisiveness i guess.

It's frustrating as i used to be better, like FIFA 14 I could easily go unbeaten in division 1, with good possession play using the false 9 formation.

But yeah I'll see if I'm trying to force it too much, it's just hard not to when I concede early like I usually do.
    Might try a different formation like your suggested one, too

> @joefrank98 said:
    > Thanks guys. and yeah i do put a lot of pressure on myself when i play badly which might not help.
    >
    > I guess the main thing for me is needing good passing options going forward, otherwise I kinda panic cos I dont know what to do with it. Lack of decisiveness i guess.
    >
    > It's frustrating as i used to be better, like FIFA 14 I could easily go unbeaten in division 1, with good possession play using the false 9 formation.
    >
    > But yeah I'll see if I'm trying to force it too much, it's just hard not to when I concede early like I usually do.
    > Might try a different formation like your suggested one, too

I find that when you get stressed over it you play so much worse, like I went 2-0 down earlier but kept my cool and won 6-2, I’ve had games where I’ve been so stressed and just took goal after goal
    > @joefrank98 said:
    > And yes I have taken between games. I play a 4231 with custom tactics that everyone uses. Not defending great, but my main problem is in attack. I just cant get into scoring situations. I get like 3 shots a game ffs.
    >
    > Dont even know what im doing wrong so any tips?

Pass the ball round as much as you can, I use the same formation and have to pass around from the back too make chances