BEST Icon CM to replace Pogba??

It can be anyone that is a solid midfielder.
I’m getting hella confused between Gerrard and Veron but 3starwk and slow pace concern me.
Socrates would be a good option but lacks defensively.
Is baby Gullit worth it??
Any reviews will be welcomed.

Comments

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822

Pace for cm/cdm? not that relevant. For CAM? more relevant but still not a huge factor. Also how can people rely on pace that much? How badly do you position your players etc? xD

3* WF is not bad at all for players with high stats. A good passer with 3WF will be great at passing with both feet. Shooting it affects a bit more but still not at all that bad. Again stats matter and a guy with 90 finishing will be better with his WF than someone with 70 finishing 4WF. Composure matters as well.

My Ruud with 3*wf almost never misses with his left.

3and 4 wf are both good enough. 5* wf is of course better but between 3 and 4 that does not matter that much at all. 2* star you will notice that though.

For a CAM yes 5wf is great as a CAM with often be in a position to pass/shoot and you cant always get the ball over to the strong foot. I got Sócrates for CAM so i get a complete CAM that can do it all. Is it a big difference between him and a 4wf icon cam? Not much in the department of wf. 4* does nearly equal job.
    Sócrates has much better stats than other CAM's though so he can shoot pass and dribble perfectly. Those stats make the difference on the wf rather than the stars.

Saying that, you are looking at players who are already great. They have great stats etc. You also have chem styles to increase a certain aspect. So a certain short coming should not make you this confused at all.

Look more for what exactly you want in a CM and get the one who excels in that area and improve the stats he lacks with chem style. Engine is often the best chem style for CM's.

Also dont people have favourite players? Surely you should also get players you like and have supported? That should be a factor in what player you choose.

Now go buy the player you like from real life football and injoy. :wink:

AhmedalirvpAhmedalirvp Posts: 238
    > @ihatetay said:
    > Pace for cm/cdm? not that relevant. For CAM? more relevant but still not a huge factor. Also how can people rely on pace that much? How badly do you position your players etc? xD
    >
    > 3* WF is not bad at all for players with high stats. A good passer with 3WF will be great at passing with both feet. Shooting it affects a bit more but still not at all that bad. Again stats matter and a guy with 90 finishing will be better with his WF than someone with 70 finishing 4WF. Composure matters as well.
    >
    > My Ruud with 3*wf almost never misses with his left.
    >
    > 3and 4 wf are both good enough. 5* wf is of course better but between 3 and 4 that does not matter that much at all. 2* star you will notice that though.
    >
    > For a CAM yes 5wf is great as a CAM with often be in a position to pass/shoot and you cant always get the ball over to the strong foot. I got Sócrates for CAM so i get a complete CAM that can do it all. Is it a big difference between him and a 4wf icon cam? Not much in the department of wf. 4* does nearly equal job.
    > Sócrates has much better stats than other CAM's though so he can shoot pass and dribble perfectly. Those stats make the difference on the wf rather than the stars.
    >
    > Saying that, you are looking at players who are already great. They have great stats etc. You also have chem styles to increase a certain aspect. So a certain short coming should not make you this confused at all.
    >
    > Look more for what exactly you want in a CM and get the one who excels in that area and improve the stats he lacks with chem style. Engine is often the best chem style for CM's.
    >
    > Also dont people have favourite players? Surely you should also get players you like and have supported? That should be a factor in what player you choose.
    >
    > Now go buy the player you like from real life football and injoy. :wink:

Have you used Prime Veron, Prime Gerrard , Prime Petit or Baby Gullit?
    These are the icons I’m potentially going to replace Pogba with.

No i have not. Hence i only gave opinion on WF scenario. I have used Lampard, Ballack, Scholes as in similar players. All of them were great, Scholes was the best at shooting and passing though. Not that the others could not do that either. So not big difference in them.

It is like the CAM, very similar players and you gotta choose with the heart mostly.

AhmedalirvpAhmedalirvp Posts: 238
    > @ihatetay said:
    > No i have not. Hence i only gave opinion on WF scenario. I have used Lampard, Ballack, Scholes as in similar players. All of them were great, Scholes was the best at shooting and passing though. Not that the others could not do that either. So not big difference in them.
    >
    > It is like the CAM, very similar players and you gotta choose with the heart mostly.

I can easily go for Prime Petit or Makelele but my only concern is I’ll have full defensive minded midfield as I have Prime Keane and Kante.
    That’s why I want an attacking/ decent in defending type player and Prime Veron and Gerrard seem like that type of players.
    Baby Gullit has low dribbling and Stamina.
    BcafcBcafc Posts: 15
    Use prime Lampard, very good all rounder

Well you should go with a more attacking option for sure. Scholes, Lampard etc all of these are great. They make great runs into the box amazing long shots and amazing passing. Then they can help out in the defence as well.

I would say Scholes because he is the best player to ever play football. But in the game for you Lampard would suit better as bcafc mentioned. Even his base was good all rounder. But the prime has amazing shooting and 4*wf so you dont have to worry about from where you shoot and pass. Dribbling can be a bit slow because of agility but you can improve that by a chem style. You will also get used to how to control the ball with him it is a different style but if you use him fully he is lethal.
    Ballack was similar to Lampard but in real life Ballack was no where near the level of Lampard so i would say go for Lamps.