How are you supposed to defend a lead on this game ffs

most games I'm winning 2-0 then I end up losing 3-2 or equivalent. so many damn times i might as well just not bother scoring in the first place.
When im winning by 1 or 2 goals and the opponent goes ultra attacking I use my defensive tactic which is drop back depth 3 4231 etc. and no matter how hard i try i concede.

Any tips? maybe a better custom tactic or just general gameplay tips for holding onto leads? (im in div 1 and get gold 1/2)

Comments

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 822

What defenders you got and what formation?

Also making sure you cover centrally is important. Controlling your CM/CDM's to cover infront of CB's. Not being too hectic with the pressure and being calm and patient. Who cares if they are passing around or dribbling on the wing. Only when they start coming centrally around and in the penalty area you press harder obv.

Also dont stop playing the way you are if its going good. Keep going and only change your playstyle/instructions once you see it has stopped working and you need something different.

InsidiousInsidious Posts: 349
    The game is constructed in a way that you're eventually going to concede a goal. However, this week in fut champs I'm at 17-4. The best way to defend is attack. Keep attacking wisely don't push your cdms and full backs forward so you can easily recover the ball back. What ihatetay said is right. Be patient and don't care about wide attacks that much. The sure thing is that if you only defend in the last minutes you'll concede

@ihatetay said:
    What defenders you got and what formation?

4231, 86 Sandro, 89 David Luiz, 88 Van Dijk, 85 Walker

Also making sure you cover centrally is important. Controlling your CM/CDM's to cover infront of CB's. Not being too hectic with the pressure and being calm and patient. Who cares if they are passing around or dribbling on the wing. Only when they start coming centrally around and in the penalty area you press harder obv.

ok I'll try not to press too early

Also dont stop playing the way you are if its going good. Keep going and only change your playstyle/instructions once you see it has stopped working and you need something different.

Actually that's a very good point. sometimes I try and play safe but it ends up being counter productive.

Thanks