Is worth to do ICON now or wait for TOTS?

DavefranzDavefranz Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in SBC

Hi guys, I have a question I am heading into my first TOTS so I am not certainly sure what to expect. From swap deals icon i got Baresi (meh) so I was thinking to use him into Cannavaro sbc, so he would be 300k cheaper. Is that good idea if I have circa 2 mills or is better waiting for TOTS? Thanks a lot for answer.

Comments

kfmankfman Posts: 3

I would wait. Some of the players are actually cheaper than their SBC's because of price drops. I put an icon into the Henry Prime Moments SBC but now his tradeable card is cheaper! Prices will drop even further during TOTS, so you might be able to afford an SBC in the future that you previously thought was out of your budget.

InsidiousInsidious Posts: 319
    > @Davefranz said:
    > Hi guys, I have a question I am heading into my first TOTS so I am not certainly sure what to expect. From swap deals icon i got Baresi (meh) so I was thinking to use him into Cannavaro sbc, so he would be 300k cheaper. Is that good idea if I have circa 2 mills or is better waiting for TOTS? Thanks a lot for answer.

Wait man. we'll be getting 2 guaranteed tots sbcs every week so it's going to cost much cheaper
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 592
    edited April 2019

you can do the the cannavaro SBC. If you need a defender who can also pass well then do the Blanc SBC instead. If passing does not matter get Cannavaro. Engine chem on both, especially on Cannavaro you have to use engine. If you dont then suicide is the only option for you!!!
    Also TOTS does not make the ICON prices fall too much. They fall a bit but not as much as the regular market crash. The icons are already gone down to more or less their lowest. They wont get much lower. The real benefit is in the 90+ rated players that will flood the market with TOTS. You could finish 89 sbc for like 100k then.

Also you can do half the SBC. Do the cheaper ones etc. You dont lose money or not much doing the first 4 or so. They are not affected by TOTS.
    Its the higher rated ones that can be done lots cheaper when TOTS comes out.

Why i say do the first 4 or so? Because then you have a good idea about how much you need to put into the SBC. Also lets say you get 1-2 good untradeable picks and good pack luck then why wouldnt you want to just quickly put those into the sbc and you could get it done as cheap or cheaper but quicker than waiting for TOTS. Also knowing you are doing the SBC you can also in the meantime get the players you need by bidding/sniping luck.

I have been doing the Matthäus SBC slowly. Did the cheap 4-5 then slowly getting the untradeables and weekly objectives/red picks etc etc. Now i have only the 2 88 rating ones to do. I have saved a lot by doing it like this. Now i have a choice of waiting and hope for packluck and TOTS market crash and save up coins. OR i sell my Hierro and some other players to complete Matthäus and later on buy the players back.

Anyways my point is that as Baresi is not that good(base). You might as well put him into the SBC and get the SBC started. Then at work etc you can sit on the app and try to get lucky buys of a few players slowly building up.

I mean TOTS takes 1 whole month to complete. And the biggest market crash is at the end of it. The real benefit is at that point. Also up til that why not try to do the SBC and if you have success completing him early then you can enjoy the card 1 extra month. In TOTS you can then do some other icon because everything will have gone tits up in the market.

OK, thank you. I'll wait and see. Although it is quite tempting to do icon now.