I'll leave this up to you

Fed up with people on the EA forum telling me its offside

Comments

GarethJ1806GarethJ1806 Posts: 216
    Offside
    cakedinmudcakedinmud Posts: 109

@GarethJ1806 said:
    Offside

All the players broke the offside trap, so how can it be offside?

ihatetayihatetay Posts: 424

The player on the far side is not offside he is behind the ball. The one close to the keeper is obviously offside.

When attacking players are beyond the defenders then the ball becomes the "last defender" and to stay onside the player making the run needs to stay behind the ball as the pass is made or just in line with the ball. As you can see with the white line the ball is the last defender.

Also just to add offside calls are not always 100% perfect in the game. By that i mean there are many bad offside calls when the player isnt offside because the trigger for it is not exactly as he hits the ball. So when there is a very close call the game can get it wrong.

@ihatetay said:
    The player on the far side is not offside he is behind the ball. The one close to the keeper is obviously offside.

When attacking players are beyond the defenders then the ball becomes the "last defender" and to stay onside the player making the run needs to stay behind the ball as the pass is made or just in line with the ball. As you can see with the white line the ball is the last defender.

Also just to add offside calls are not always 100% perfect in the game. By that i mean there are many bad offside calls when the player isnt offside because the trigger for it is not exactly as he hits the ball. So when there is a very close call the game can get it wrong.

That doesn't make sense to say because he's more forward, the offside trap has been broken

GarethJ1806GarethJ1806 Posts: 216
    > @cakedinmud said:
    > @ihatetay said:
    > The player on the far side is not offside he is behind the ball. The one close to the keeper is obviously offside.
    >
    > When attacking players are beyond the defenders then the ball becomes the "last defender" and to stay onside the player making the run needs to stay behind the ball as the pass is made or just in line with the ball. As you can see with the white line the ball is the last defender.
    >
    > Also just to add offside calls are not always 100% perfect in the game. By that i mean there are many bad offside calls when the player isnt offside because the trigger for it is not exactly as he hits the ball. So when there is a very close call the game can get it wrong.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That doesn't make sense to say because he's more forward, the offside trap has been broken

Did you actually read his answer or have you just decided it’s onside so the explanation doesn’t matter?
    > @GarethJ1806 said:
    > > @cakedinmud said:
    > > @ihatetay said:
    > > The player on the far side is not offside he is behind the ball. The one close to the keeper is obviously offside.
    > >
    > > When attacking players are beyond the defenders then the ball becomes the "last defender" and to stay onside the player making the run needs to stay behind the ball as the pass is made or just in line with the ball. As you can see with the white line the ball is the last defender.
    > >
    > > Also just to add offside calls are not always 100% perfect in the game. By that i mean there are many bad offside calls when the player isnt offside because the trigger for it is not exactly as he hits the ball. So when there is a very close call the game can get it wrong.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > That doesn't make sense to say because he's more forward, the offside trap has been broken
    >
    > Did you actually read his answer or have you just decided it’s onside so the explanation doesn’t matter?

If you have evidence to prove the contrary, please show
    ihatetayihatetay Posts: 424

i dont think you understand the offside rule. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside_(association_football)

Players behind the ball are never offside. It is not offside because other players might be in an offside position. If they dont interfere with the play and the ball is played towards an onside player its not offside.